Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Conference 2020

Site Supporter

Tactical Conference 2020

The next Rangemaster Tactical Conference will be on March 27-29, 2020, at the excellent facilities of the Dallas Pistol Club, in Carrollton, Texas.

Carrollton is a northwest suburb of Dallas. There are numerous quality hotels and restaurants in Addison, Texas, an adjacent suburb, only 15 minutes from the range complex. The DPC is a fine venue, with multiple ranges and facilities.

We have set up a brand new website just for this event, at www.taccon.info . There are tons of photos and videos from recent conferences, an FAQ section, information on presenters, and much, much more. Everything you need right now is laid out in this website. You can even register right from that site, just click on the Register banner at the top of the home page.

We have also set up a Facebook page for the event, at https://www.facebook.com/groups/taccon20/ . You must first register for the event to be accepted for the Facebook group. Please do join the group, so you can get updates periodically as we add topics and trainers. As always, there will be training segments on handguns, shotguns, impact weapons and OC, empty hands skills, medical/trauma care, scenario based training, and classroom training on legal and tactical issues. Don’t delay, as this event will sell out far in advance. www.Taccon.info

Registered.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Registered.
    Let me know if you need a place to crash. Toddlers included.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Let me know if you need a place to crash. Toddlers included.
    Thanks! The Boss did express an interest in seeing ya'll (wow I'll bet they ARE getting big lol). We are most likely going to end up flying to DFW and overnighting in a hotel in the greater Carrollton area, after reviewing the options. Proximity to Hard 8 will be a factor. Will PM when we have our logistics figured out.

Outstanding! Be sure and fill us in on your plans.

And David's little ones are not so little anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And David's little ones are not so little anymore!
    No. No, they’re not.
    David S.

Hokay need some local info: Seems like the normal chain hotels I use (Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton) have properties near "Addison", a few miles from Dallas Pistol Club:

(I have added a few cough expected driving destinations to this map )

Attachment 44848

Is this area at right in the map a good bet for local hotel options / spouse shopping and such like?
    Last edited by RJ; 11-16-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hokay need some local info: Seems like the normal chain hotels I use (Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton) have properties near "Addison", a few miles from Dallas Pistol Club:

(I have added a few cough expected driving destinations to this map )

Attachment 44848

Is this area at right in the map a good bet for local hotel options / spouse shopping and such like?
    RJ,

If you are looking for a place that has shopping nearby, the Westin Galleria Dallas attached to the Galleria Mall and is just south of Addison:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...lleria-dallas/

West of Dallas Pistol Club is the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ention-center/

This is down the street from the Shops at Grapevine Mills Mall and Bass Pro Shops.

Last, is the Hilton at Southlake Town Square which is about 5 miles away from the Gaylord:

https://www.hilton.com/en/locations/...xas/southlake/

Granted, all three hotels are not inexpensive and are a bit on the spendy side. However, all three offer a good deal of shopping nearby (Westin Galleria and Hilton Town Square are within walking distance to the shopping areas). If you want something a little more value priced, there are many hotels to choose from near the Gaylord, which is very close to DFW Airport.

I hope this helps.

Is there an ETA for the course block scheduling yet?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Is there an ETA for the course block scheduling yet?
    I just got in last night from several days teaching in Oklahoma. I have two more classes before I can stay home for a bit in December. That's when I'll have a chance to put a schedule matrix together.

User Tag List