Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Questions/opinions and advice on getting back into concealed carry

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I don't know. I've only been wearing them for 3 years. There is a small hole starting in one pair that started before I modified my AHolster so it wouldn't rub. You can easily tell the older ones that have been washed many times, but they are holding up well.
    Nice.

Right front pocket has a pistol. Right cargo pocket has keys, money clip and ear plugs and a knife clipped on. Outer cargo pocket has a couple of pens. Right rear pocket only has a hanky. Left rear pocket has a speed strip if carrying a J. Left front pocket has wallet, phone, Surefire light, nail clippers, small Swiss knife, chap stick and loose change. Left front cargo pocket is car keys, date book and a small cheap light. Little small front cargo pocket holds a speedloader or spare mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I’ll have to shop yes, but what brands of pants are there that you know of that have pretty big front pockets?
    I think I’m gonna look into some longer shirts because if I remember right, I don’t think it really would take a whole lot more to keep my Ruger in that Mitch Rosen holster concealed if I had a longer shirt. It’s a pancake holster with a typical FBI cant so it rides pretty high on the belt.
    I've gone to mostly pocket carry in these: https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-d...nts-work-pants
    Even at 74 bucks a pair, I’m liking those cargo pants. Pocket carry could definitely be easily accomplishable with those.

How long do they last? With me being a truck driver- even a local rock hauler to boot who gets dirty more’n you think, I’m not that rough on jeans but I would imagine you’d definitely get your money’s worth out of them.
    I agree with Bill about Duluth Trading...for jeans/cargos/shirts. They have a storefront in OKC. And the stand behind their products.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I agree with Bill about Duluth Trading...for jeans/cargos/shirts. They have a storefront in OKC. And the stand behind their products.
    I’m really kinda liking that idea. Those kind of pockets on the side of the thigh should be pretty accessible while standing or sitting I would think. I might even be able to find a pocket holster for my compact 9mm Beretta Storm with much more ammunition capacity. Won’t even have to have anything on the inside of my waistband. Could still use one of the gun belts I already have.

I might even be able to find a pocket holster for my compact 9mm Beretta Storm with much more ammunition capacity.
    I tried my PX4CC in a generic soft holster. It is probably possible. It was a little heavy for me.
    Last edited by BN; 09-10-2019 at 08:11 PM.

I tried my PX4CC in a generic soft holster. It is probably possible. It was a little heavy for me.
    It was just a thought. I’m perfectly fine with my single-stack Ruger with crimson trace laser guard and 9-round magazine...[emoji41]

When I dabbled with a Sig P226, before my holster come in, I would put it in the front pocket of my WalMart Wrangler jeans while at the range. Surprisingly it fit well.

Alternatively, and I know this isn’t ideal, have you thought about a shoulder holster since you are seated a lot?

Questions/opinions and advice on getting back into concealed carry

Quote Originally Posted by Father of 3 View Post
    Alternatively, and I know this isn’t ideal, have you thought about a shoulder holster since you are seated a lot?
    Much earlier in the discussion; there was one, maybe two people who recommended a shoulder holster but I’m thinking that’s not gonna work. I don’t wear two shirts at once and I don’t even wear button-up shirts either. I could maybe shoulder holster-carry in the wintertime for about a total of two months or so while it was actually cold enough to wear a light jacket all day but that’d be about it for something like that.

Last edited by corneileous; 09-10-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Love your response. lol. Forgive me for saying but towards the end of your post, and I started to hear that song by Bobby Bare; The Winner… LOL. You should listen to it if you haven’t already.

Oh, he was a lot of fun to be around......especially for a 15 year old kid from the city full of social graces.

I could tell some wild tales but it would totally hijack your thread. That Bobby Bare song was spot on.

Good luck finding a carry solution.

I’ll have to shop yes, but what brands of pants are there that you know of that have pretty big front pockets?

Carhartt work dungaree's will hold just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    Carhartt work dungaree's will hold just about anything.
    I ordered me a pair of those cargo Carhart ripstop pants so I will try them out see how they work.

User Tag List