Thread: Modified or custom opinel's?

Modified or custom opinel's?

I recently came across a few pictures of modified opinel's and thought they were very cool from a hobbyist/ enthusiast perspective.

Can anyone point me towards shops modding these knives or selling pre built custom versions? They don't offer me anything other than cool factor over factory versions and im cool with that. Sometimes it is fun to have something just because you like it.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Got a few pics of the knives that caught your eye?

Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    Got a few pics of the knives that caught your eye?
    While continuing my search, I came across these beauties by Cornelius Creations and really dig them, though it seems they aren't currently available.

http://instagram.com/p/BQOad5vFhUU/

The original knife that started the lust was a stonewashed blade with black wood or even possibly g10 but I can't seem to find the picture now and don't remember how I happened to cross it. But any general shops working with them would be great, so I can peruse the available options/work, if for nothing more than to admire the niche.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

If you just search #customopinel on Instagram, you'll find enough potential customizers to keep you happy forever. I follow that hashtag and it's awesome.

Unfortunately, I don't think the custom Opinel craze has reached "factory/internet store" levels yet.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The base knives are super cheap on Amazon. Pick up a couple and get creative.

I used mine to cut some plants in the yard over the weekend. It lives in the garage with the other garden tools.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Speaking of Opinels, anyone tried one of these yet?
    No. 12 Opinel Explore Survival Locking Pocket Knife + Fire Starter, Em | CountyComm – CountyComm

Note for the who haven't visited the CountyComm website before: Don't blame me!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

If you want to tackle it or know somebody who does, Opinel sells knives with oversize blank handles for custom carving.
    https://www.opinel-usa.com/collectio...opinel-ebauche
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List