Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covered backstraps

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Thanks I'll try that.

I hesitant to buy another set of grips that I may not like.

The VZ round to square are very tempting. I love them on my 4"m19
    If you already have them, why not just move them over and try them for awhile?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

What the world truly needs for peace & love for all humanity is a G10 or even wood copy of the Pachmayr "Compac" grips for J frames. I've wanted a set for years.

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    What the world truly needs for peace & love for all humanity is a G10 or even wood copy of the Pachmayr "Compac" grips for J frames. I've wanted a set for years.
    They make the identical compacs with the little finger notch for the Colt D frame. I like them very much.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    They make the identical compacs with the little finger notch for the Colt D frame. I like them very much.
    I gave mine up on a J frame when I discovered pocket carry. I tried dusting them with talcum powder to reduce sticking to my clothing. It was better, but not good enough. I can't find a respectable non-sticky replacement.

Try some Armor All on it. Not positive it works on that but it cant hurt it. It sure makes bike seats slick though. Ive had several pachmeyr grips that had no stickiness at all. The ones on my Colt arent, Ive pocket carried it for a couple years, since the first day I got it.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I should get these on Tuesday. I think I may need to sand a relief for the speedloader.
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-14-16-51-09.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  18.9 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-14-16-51-16.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  20.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-14-16-51-27.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  18.0 KB

Are those some of the grips from Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Are those some of the grips from Thailand?
    Yes

Look just like Ahrends. Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Look just like Ahrends. Do you have a link?
    https://www.amazon.com/handicraftgri...PKPPCP1R1W59VW

That's why I like them. I got a pair of boots grips for a square butt k frame and they're a bit to red for my taste but these look browner.

I would have gotten ahrends but I wanted a covered backstrap to see if I can handle full power loads better with them.

User Tag List