Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Covered backstraps

If you need to tone them down a bit you can use black shoe polish, the paste type. Try a dab of it, and rub it in good, trying to keep the color consistent. Then wipe the grips off several times to remove any excess. I've found it helps to have the grips pretty warm (like shoes) to get a bit of penetration. After several wipings, I've never had an issue with staining on clothes, but you might want to try this with an old set of grips to start with in case you don't like it, or in case the original formula has been changed and I'm not aware of it.
    Last edited by 358156hp; 09-16-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I should get these on Tuesday. I think I may need to sand a relief for the speedloader.
    Attachment 42554
    Attachment 42555
    Attachment 42556
    You may need more than that, I’ve not found his grips to fit very well.

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    You may need more than that, I’ve not found his grips to fit very well.
    The allow plenty of room for speedloaders but the right sight does push on the holster which I'll trim later.

I like them

Name:  KIMG1437.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  96.8 KB

Shot 100 rounds of Magnum ammo yesterday. Not as comfortable as pachymers but they weren't uncomfortable. Very happy.

Will be using this gun on Sunday for a USPSA.

i prefer a covered backstrap and one that actually cushions the inevitable blow. the modified hogue 60020 was my gripping hand's salvation. no sticky issues in a pocket holster.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post889413

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'd been looking at the Pachmayr "Renegade" laminate grips for K frame round butt. Figured even if the shape isn't perfect, they'd be amenable to reshaping, and at least they should be inletted to the gun, making that part easy. Found a set from Amazon Warehouse (returned goods) for ~$20.

https://www.lymanproducts.com/brands...revolver-grips

Missing the screw, I can deal with. But they didn't fit the frame of either of my RB K frames. And the shape would take A LOT of work to make good; not sure all the material that needs to be there is there. Really wide (side to side) in the body, really narrow at the top.

Not going to bother trying to make them work. Fortunately, two defects makes Amazon returns easy.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The Spegel-designed Uncle Mikes are my favorite K-frame grips.

They cover the back strap but are thin enough in that dimension that my stubby digits can reach the trigger ok. Very ergonomic (for me, anyway.)

Yes they’re butt-ugly, but pretty is as pretty does.

User Tag List