Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone tried Federal 45 ACP 230 Grain Syntech?

I shot 120 rounds of the 220 grain Syntech Action Pistol through my Wilson Combat Protector Elite today. The round is accurate and the recoil impulse very soft. The only problem is when initially loading; whether from slide lock or hand cycling the slide, the first round tends to hang up on the feed ramp. A rap on the back of the slide solves this problem. No feed issues when firing.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Thanks! I only got to put 30 rounds through my Ruger last weekend but I saw the same thing in the first or second mag. In the last mag the top round wouldn't feed but when I stripped it out, the rest fed fine. Later I single loaded that 1 round from the mag and it was OK so I don't know what's up. I didn't think to look at the coating to see if I could find a bad spot or an indication where it was hanging up but if I run into this again, I'll look closer.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

So far 350 rounds through my Remington R1e using this ammo and I have not experienced this initial feeding occurrence being described. Magazines used; Remington's, Chip McCormick, and Tripp 10 round. As others in this thread have mentioned accuracy and recoil impulse reduction make this ammunition a pleasure to shoot.

User Tag List