Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Centurion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Can you imagine if all of these improvements had been available in the early 90's?
    Right? Makes me wonder what took so long?? I guess the 1911 was around a lot longer before folks started tuning and tweaking for improvements.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Wichita Gun Club had a 92x a couple weeks ago. If I remember correctly it was a Centurion. Not sure if they still have it. Was priced just under $800.
    I'm pretty sure they've had the same WC Brig Tac in there for four or five months now. Not that I go to Wichita often to go in there, but that's the only Beretta I've seen there, too, if memory serves correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Regarding the aging eyes - I've handled most of the various Beretta offerings in the gun stores, and it seems to my aging eyes the 92X orange dot is less visible than even the simple white dot on a 92FS. Anybody else with old eyes with a yay or a nay on my perception.

Regarding the grips - are you using the traditional 92 grip module or the Vertec grip?
    Try a green front. It is a whole lot better for me than orange. There is a medical explanation for it but I cant remember exactly what it is at the moment
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Any significant difference between the full size 92X and the M9-A3? Other than threaded barrels? I think I have decided to opt for the 92X Compact instead of the LTT Compact. The grip fits my smedium hands better than the traditional Beretta grip. Anyone carrying at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    Any significant difference between the full size 92X and the M9-A3? Other than threaded barrels? I think I have decided to opt for the 92X Compact instead of the LTT Compact. The grip fits my smedium hands better than the traditional Beretta grip. Anyone carrying at this time?
    Have you tried a 92 w/ the LTT grip panels? They are very thin and help quite a few people grip wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Yesterday, I got my hands around one of these at the local Cabela's. I also handled the base model LLT Elite 92 at the same time. Honestly, if Beretta had introduced the 92X before i bought my Wilson CenTac, I don't think I could have justified the $350.00 difference on the Wilson. The base model LTT was priced at $999.00 and offers a similar value to the 92X. Admittedly, I chose the CenTac because it was available now and locally. If the basic LTT had been on the local shelf, I would have bought it instead. The only real difference between the 92X Centurion and the CenTac is the latter's tritium front sight. That can be remedied with an aftermarket purchase well below the price difference. Unless you're opting for an additional action job or NP3 coated parts, all of which I put in the "nice to have but not mandatory" catagory, the 92X family steals a lot of thunder from the competition, especially from Wilson. The base model LTT is a nice pistol in its own right, at a commensurate price point that makes it a direct competitor to the 92X. However, while my CenTac is a nice piece and one I don't intend to get rid of, you're paying a lot for a name that really doesn't seem to be justified.
    I have not read the whole thread. But you are right, the 92X is a good deal and what Beretta should have done 20 years ago. Nothing new is on that gun except the full-size grip panels that wrap around the vertec grip. I have been asked what the difference is between our gun and the 92X. There are quite a few, so here we go. First of all, the Elite is a real full-size frame. Which is by design. Most 92X users will end up shooting the gun better and switching to the full-size grips, I can guarantee that. But that is a subject of a different thread. The Elite also several other upgrades to the 92X. The biggest one is the radius under the trigger guard, to me that is huge for a gun that I am going to shoot a lot. That alone makes up for the price difference. On top of that, G-10 grips, fiber optic front sight, Elite hammer, front cocking serrations, stainless barrel. slightly better rear sight, solid guide rod, and the radius on the back of the slide.

All that said, the 92X is a good deal.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I have not read the whole thread. But you are right, the 92X is a good deal and what Beretta should have done 20 years ago. Nothing new is on that gun except the full-size grip panels that wrap around the vertec grip. I have been asked what the difference is between our gun and the 92X. There are quite a few, so here we go. First of all, the Elite is a real full-size frame. Which is by design. Most 92X users will end up shooting the gun better and switching to the full-size grips, I can guarantee that. But that is a subject of a different thread. The Elite also several other upgrades to the 92X. The biggest one is the radius under the trigger guard, to me that is huge for a gun that I am going to shoot a lot. That alone makes up for the price difference. On top of that, G-10 grips, fiber optic front sight, Elite hammer, front cocking serrations, stainless barrel. slightly better rear sight, solid guide rod, and the radius on the back of the slide.

All that said, the 92X is a good deal.

I know you said it’s a subject for a different thread ,but regarding the grip.

I’ve read people often like the bigger grip over the vertec grip. Why do you think people will put the wrap around grips on it?

Thanks for your contributions to the forum and for making excellent products.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I know you said it’s a subject for a different thread ,but regarding the grip.

I’ve read people often like the bigger grip over the vertec grip. Why do you think people will put the wrap around grips on it?

Thanks for your contributions to the forum and for making excellent products.
    I’m obviously not Ernest, but I think that the bump on the standard grip helps anchor the gun in the hand for a lot of people, thus they have less of a tendency to shoot low.

Now, I have medium sized hands and just a while back took a 92x full size and a full sized Elite LTT to the range for some side by side testing. I did not install the conversion grip on the 92X. I didn’t observe any real difference between my performance with the two guns. Subjectively, the Elite LTT is my very favorite model of 92 ever produced and I’ll never part with my pair. Objectively, I couldn’t really come up with any difference of merit on the drills and tests I shot that day. Just one example, my score on the HiTS super test with the LTT was 293, the 92X was 291.

Now, the radiused areas on the LTT are awesome, they really make a difference. That right there is worth the cost difference for me on a long range session. The Elite LTT has some other excellent bits, as Ernest pointed out, that explain the cost difference. But for a standard offering, the 92X lineup is an awesome pistol. Between the 92X and the Elite LTT, I sold my Brig Tac and my Cen Tac and never lost one seconds sleep over it.

92X Centurion. My first Beretta ever, first range session today. I already installed the G kit and TJIB (NP3) with a 12lb spring.

I have a 14lb spring incoming as well, I think I would rather have 100% reliability, although the DA pull with this kit seems fantastic. I did need to file on the DA hammer hook since putting pressure towards the inside of the trigger would make it hang up. LTT has a video to address this issue.

With respect to the TJIB, I think the one thing that has helped the most is the lack of over travel. Stock, the DA was tough to get through without what felt like a shank in over travel. Thanks to PF, the TJIB is worth every penny.

LOK grips came after the range session this afternoon. I ordered OD and they almost look FDE, but its not a fashion show. And I am a noob, already have what I assume is a Beretta idiot scratch on the take down lever. My bust.

Here is 25 rounds of 150gr Syntech at 7 yards, DA only, from draw position 2 (no holster work at this range).

Don't worry about that little guy...

Man, I have been missing out. Also, I can see where some dehorn action would help around the trigger guard.

As an aside, I am at a major crossroads. I also brought a Gen5 G34 with a red dot (first time shooting this combo) and went from this is ok, to wow, I am not sure I want to shoot irons again. Thats where I am on my pistol journey. Last 15 months has been almost 100% STI 2011 with irons and I really want to focus on 1 or 2 platforms... first world problems.

I've had two WCs and 1 LTT, but the 92X-G Centurion (with a LTT TJIB and trigger/trigger bar/hammer/new FO sight, etc.) along with MecGar 18rd mags is better than my WC and almost as good as the LTT. I paid an insanely low price for it since I found a great deal and then Beretta had a $100 rebate announced the next day. People are paying twice what I did at the moment...though I spent a lot on upgrades to make it what I wanted.

The OEM 92X vertec grips are the best I've ever felt--better than any aftermarket (I've had a few different brands). They just bite into you hand. I haven't tried the wrap-around grip, but as I've owned plenty of 92s, I know I prefer the vertec for my medium-large hands (giant palm, stubby fingers). I think anyone with extra large hands or long fingers would prefer the "normal" grip.

I thought about sending it Langdon for the red dot surgery, but I can't bring myself to do it. It shoots perfect as is.
    It is my only non-red-dot gun now, but that's kinda why it does HD duty (I've never practiced with red dots in the dark using weapon lights).

User Tag List