Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92X Centurion.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on the sights. I'll do some more experimenting.

I'm surprised to hear the 92X Vertec grip fills your hand more than the LTT with the traditional M9/92 grip frame?
    I should have been more clear. That is only when the normal 92 has thin grips. And I suspect it has to do with the shape of my hands or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I should have been more clear. That is only when the normal 92 has thin grips. And I suspect it has to do with the shape of my hands or something like that.
    You were clear in your earlier post that was with the thin grips on the LTT, which are very thin, but even with the thin grips, the Vertec seems more small hand friendly to me. I do appreciate all the feedback. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    You were clear in your earlier post that was with the thin grips on the LTT, which are very thin, but even with the thin grips, the Vertec seems more small hand friendly to me. I do appreciate all the feedback. Thanks.
    It surprised me when I was handling the 92X next to a M9 with thin grips that the Vertec grips filled my hand more, which is why I figured it must be something with the shape of my hands or something. It makes clear once again, though, that one size seldom fits all.

I REALLY REALLY wish there was a LGS near me that rented Vertec framed Berettas or someone near me had one that I could try out. Thanks to budgetary constraints and putting a teen through college soon, I’ll be staying in USPSA Production for the foreseeable future and these could make extremely attractive Production guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is awesome that Beretta released or rather releasing the 92X line. Like you guys said I think the X family really brings the 92 series into the modern handgun world.

I wished I liked the Vertec grip more. Being a 1911 guy (New Yorker mil non LEO so not much choice) I'd thought I prefer it over the standard 92 grip frame. I own a Wilson Brig Tac with their Action Tune and love it. While I was TDY down in Texas, I shot a local match at the The Range In Austin. I rented a M93A3. I did not like how that felt or performed in my hand. Granted it was my first time running a Vertec and the course of fire I only probably shot around 75 rounds. It left me actually missing the regular 92 grip frame.

I still and morbidly curious about a 92X Performance.

At least once a week I “add to cart” on a LTT 92, or 92X, or even two tone M9A3. So far I have been able to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    At least once a week I “add to cart” on a LTT 92, or 92X, or even two tone M9A3. So far I have been able to resist.
    You are a strong man. I'm just short on cash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shorikid View Post
    You are a strong man. I'm just short on cash.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lol! It’s not easy. It also helps lately that I blew my wad on something Swiss. lol! The Berettas these days though... I feel like I need one in every size. I’m just looking at pics though. Had I held one like Trooper224 my wallet would’ve likely been in my hand.
    Last edited by El Cid; 09-11-2019 at 08:10 PM.

92X centurion front sight replacement

Does anyone have a specific front sight replacement for the 92x centurion in night sight or fiber optic?

Quote Originally Posted by OlJack View Post
    Does anyone have a specific front sight replacement for the 92x centurion in night sight or fiber optic?
    I'm pretty sure the 92X Centurion just takes regular M9A3/Vertec front sights. The Ameriglo option looks nice and came stock on my WC Centurion Tactical. It's a .140 wide front with orange ring and a tritum vial. Langdon seems to have it on their web store available as a front only or as a Spartan front/rear set. You might check to see if the stock rear sight is a compatible height (.300 or .305 per the Langdon description).
    Last edited by FreedomFries; 01-08-2020 at 11:02 PM.

User Tag List