Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P9 2.0 CORE

Happy with the first time shooting my new M&P 2.0 CORE. Took me 9 rounds to get a quick zero @ 10yds, then immediately shot this 97/5x B8 bullseye after working a 10hr graveyard shift. I called every shot outside of the 10 ring which were a result of me unintentionally shifting my focus to the dot instead of the target. I dig this pistol a ton. Much easier for me to shoot accurately than any of my Glocks. Will try again for 100 with fresh eyes.
    Name:  760FB5C8-2BB3-4F2C-81D2-3F3826B5ED18.jpg
Views: 1644
Size:  32.5 KB
    Name:  C3646C47-C0EC-4B2E-9E52-C3E003C57995.jpg
Views: 4877
Size:  99.6 KB

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Happy with the first time shooting my new M&P 2.0 CORE. Took me 9 rounds to get a quick zero @ 10yds, then immediately shot this 97/5x B8 bullseye after working a 10hr graveyard shift. I called every shot outside of the 10 ring which were a result of me unintentionally shifting my focus to the dot instead of the target. I dig this pistol a ton. Much easier for me to shoot accurately than any of my Glocks. Will try again for 100 with fresh eyes.
    Name:  760FB5C8-2BB3-4F2C-81D2-3F3826B5ED18.jpg
Views: 1644
Size:  32.5 KB
    Name:  C3646C47-C0EC-4B2E-9E52-C3E003C57995.jpg
Views: 4877
Size:  99.6 KB
    I see APEX goodies on there! Looks like it shoots pretty good, now I really have to get my hands on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Nick I gotta admit that 2nd gen. looks nice as well as your comments but having run a G1 CORE since Jan 2013, I don't know when/if we'll ever see a G2 down here in Tx so I've got my first CZ due in next week, the PF 10 OR that my SRO is getting swapped over to.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 09-28-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Images of these in other people's hands are almost painful at this point.

I recently went through the M&P M2.0 armorer's course and the Reps had a couple RDS guns with them. One was a full size 2.0 9mm w/SRO but the slide didn't seem production although it used the CORE mounting system. Having a 1.0 CORE I immediately noticed the differences along with the lack of markings on the slide. When asked about it the Rep just kinda smiled and said "this isn't a production item, yet." The other gun was a longer barrel M2.0 .45auto w/RMR. I don't remember if it was direct milled or a CORE, I was more interested in the mysterious 9mm.
    After completion of the armorer's course we were given a opportunity to purchase certain models of M2.0s and a CORE model (SKU#12423) was one of the options. The Rep stated that the M2.0 CORE has been the most popular, sought after model lately through their "Range Master" purchase program. He mentioned even guys in their training division had difficulty getting one since demand was so high.
    Based on their comments about RDS guns, I don't believe S&W is giving up on the CORE or putting it on the back burner. I do think instead they're just trying to get caught up on some big orders and making sure it's GTG when released.

Has anyone seen standard black 5” 2.0’s in stock?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I recently went through the M&P M2.0 armorer's course and the Reps had a couple RDS guns with them. One was a full size 2.0 9mm w/SRO but the slide didn't seem production although it used the CORE mounting system. Having a 1.0 CORE I immediately noticed the differences along with the lack of markings on the slide. When asked about it the Rep just kinda smiled and said "this isn't a production item, yet." The other gun was a longer barrel M2.0 .45auto w/RMR. I don't remember if it was direct milled or a CORE, I was more interested in the mysterious 9mm.
    After completion of the armorer's course we were given a opportunity to purchase certain models of M2.0s and a CORE model (SKU#12423) was one of the options. The Rep stated that the M2.0 CORE has been the most popular, sought after model lately through their "Range Master" purchase program. He mentioned even guys in their training division had difficulty getting one since demand was so high.
    Based on their comments about RDS guns, I don't believe S&W is giving up on the CORE or putting it on the back burner. I do think instead they're just trying to get caught up on some big orders and making sure it's GTG when released.
    I’ve communicated with one of the LE reps @ S&W and he said that the 5” 2.0 9L CORE will be released at or before SHOT. He also said that the 4” 2.0 Compact CORE should be released at the same time.

Safariland already has SKU#’s for both the 4.25” and the 5” 9L 2.0 COREs on their “Will Fit” chart so I’m confident this will be a reality.

Name:  E03BFF8A-C4B9-4863-9ECE-F76E01599D18.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  73.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NickDrak; 11-12-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Let me ask a follow-up question. Who has the full-size 2.0's in stock because I'm not seeing them anywhere. I'm at a point where I'm ready to move on from Glock for a polymer pistol.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Grabagun has some in stock

https://grabagun.com/firearms/handgu...wesson-43.html

Here’s a black 5”
    https://grabagun.com/firearms/handgu...d-blk-nms.html

I’ve ordered from them a few times. Great customer service and super fast shipping
    Last edited by Grouse870; 11-12-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

User Tag List