Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P9 2.0 CORE

I've got my eye on the new Performance Center M&P 9 2.0 Ported Barrel & Slide C.O.R.E. SKU: 11831
    I'm a fan of compensated/ported slide/barrel pistols. I find the end mounted comps offer better performance but I'm not a fan of their length and added complexity.
    Let me know if/when they are in stock somewhere.

Why the heck is S&W lagging so far behind the other manufacturers in the release of optics ready models across their M&P line?

I've been wanting to switch to the M&P platform, specifically the 4" compact model. However, I've also wanted to get into a red dot. I've been waiting for quite a while now, and I only really have a use for the G19 sized guns.

Is there something about the M&P, or the 2.0s specifically, that makes it more challenging to incorporate the optics mounting solutions? I was hoping 2020 SHOT show would be the ticket. No joy.

It's frustrating because I don't want to invest money into a different manufacturer's optic platform when I know I want to switch--wholesale--from Glocks to the M&P platform. I have members of the family that have small hands, and I also get a much better trigger reach on an M&P with small grip inserts.

S&W is making it hard for me to buy into their product line.

S&W had the 4” compact CORE at SHOT... they move slowly but tentative availability is March.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Why the heck is S&W lagging so far behind the other manufacturers in the release of optics ready models across their M&P line?

I've been wanting to switch to the M&P platform, specifically the 4" compact model. However, I've also wanted to get into a red dot. I've been waiting for quite a while now, and I only really have a use for the G19 sized guns.

Is there something about the M&P, or the 2.0s specifically, that makes it more challenging to incorporate the optics mounting solutions? I was hoping 2020 SHOT show would be the ticket. No joy.

It's frustrating because I don't want to invest money into a different manufacturer's optic platform when I know I want to switch--wholesale--from Glocks to the M&P platform. I have members of the family that have small hands, and I also get a much better trigger reach on an M&P with small grip inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    S&W had the 4” compact CORE at SHOT... they move slowly but tentative availability is March.
    Odin bless you, Sir! You have made me a happy, happy camper!

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post

CZ's P-10 is offered in three frame sizes and optics ready to go right now.

The LE 4” Compact CORE, and 5” 9L CORE are live and available for order through your local LE S&W dealer according to my rep.

4” Compact CORE SKU# 12569

5” 9L CORE SKU# 12661

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    The LE 4” Compact CORE, and 5” 9L CORE are live and available for order through your local LE S&W dealer according to my rep.

5” 9L CORE SKU# 12661
    Why are they not available to everyone at the same time?

Stupid marketing move. S&W pissing off more of its customer core base.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post

5” 9L CORE SKU# 12661
    Excellent news!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Why are they not available to everyone at the same time?

Stupid marketing move. S&W pissing off more of its customer core base.
    9L PC CORE: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...eries-5-barrel

4.25 PC CORE: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...ies-425-barrel

So they will be selling standalone slides for those of us already with 2.0s? If so, Smith gets my money. If not, somebody else gets it for a mill job.

Part of the reason I got a 320 RX in the first place was it was just plug and play to try out a dot on a handgun.

User Tag List