Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P9 2.0 CORE

Been running a 1.0 pro series ported core slide with an RMR in a 2.0 compact frame for 3500 rounds. It works. It’s over sprung as stock but it works.

Picked up The 2.0s today. sKU 11831

Great feel and recoil impulse for a light stock gun.

Was super excited until I see the 2.0 optic mounting plates..are plastic. And longer than the 1.0 so those plates don’t interchange.

Not sure what to think about the whole deal

That's interesting. My M2.0 CORE's (SKU 12423, May 2019) optic plates were identical to those of both of my previous generation ProSeries COREs. My M2.0 plates are metal, aside from the plastic "filler" section that blends any gaps between the optic and slide.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    That's interesting. My M2.0 CORE's (SKU 12423, May 2019) optic plates were identical to those of both of my previous generation ProSeries COREs. My M2.0 plates are metal, aside from the plastic "filler" section that blends any gaps between the optic and slide.
    Yes, the ones on mine are also metal but there is a plastic tab for shorter pistol optics to fill the gap.

Interesting is a word for it.

Both the 2.0 plate and screw bags are marked “9mm only” and dated 2/2020

For a totally stock gun I’m pleased with the recoil impulse.

Last edited by Duke; 04-10-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Been running a 1.0 pro series ported core slide with an RMR in a 2.0 compact frame for 3500 rounds. It works. It’s over sprung as stock but it works.

Picked up The 2.0s today. sKU 11831

Great feel and recoil impulse for a light stock gun.

Was super excited until I see the 2.0 optic mounting plates..are plastic. And longer than the 1.0 so those plates don’t interchange.

Not sure what to think about the whole deal
    Did you have to modify anything to run a 1.0 top end on a 2.0 lower?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Did you have to modify anything to run a 1.0 top end on a 2.0 lower?
    It works as is but the slide won’t “slingshot” after slide lock. The lever must be pressed down.

If you get a 1.0 slide stop it will sling shot but that’s of no interest to my needs. If I can’t “run the slide off my boot” guess I’ll die.

I don’t dig the tiny gap either

Name:  EE4CE3DE-409C-4009-9454-D6FF7B0CECC4.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  33.4 KB

I picked up a 4.25" 9mm PC 2.0 Ported SKU: 11831 yesterday also.
    I installed an Apex flat faced forward set trigger kit (100-154) and removed the adjustable trigger stop which was not needed with this trigger.
    My optic plates are plastic as well. I have an C&H Precision C.O.R.E. RMR/SRO plate inbound to see if it works.
    The slide stop protrudes out a little more than the stock 2.0 slide stop. Not really a fan of the stainless barrel. Looks almost like it's in the white.
    Overall, I like the ported barrel and C.O.R.E. features of this pistol and I'm hoping it shoots decent.

Attachment 51661

Site Supporter

Re-chambering a “shouldered” cartridge...

I came across a review of the P239 in .357 that had this to say:

”There are some factors one must consider with shouldered cartridges, but that goes beyond the scope of this article. Succinctly, do not continuously chamber and re-chamber a .357 SIG cartridge. Rather, practice often to keep a rotation of fresh cartridges.“

Any idea why re-chambering shouldered cartridges would be any different than re-chambering normal cartridges?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Any idea why re-chambering shouldered cartridges would be any different than re-chambering normal cartridges?
    This dude's pic I found has an obvious typo, but shows what I mean:
    Name:  neck.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  34.0 KB

The 357 has a pretty short neck and neck tension is the only thing holding the bullet. The 9mm has to push the bullet farther into the sized case (in this case, even past a cannelure), much easier to make the necked cartridge slip backwards into the case, with the resulting increase in pressure, and 357 is already pretty high pressure.

User Tag List