Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red dot gets shot

Site Supporter

Red dot gets shot

Every time I convince myself to try out Carry Optics, either @GJM breaks something new or I see a video like this.

People are bad at things....

Like following directions and using loctite. If you aren’t like then this won’t likely be an issue for you.

ATEi. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    People are bad at things....

Like following directions and using loctite. If you aren’t like then this won’t likely be an issue for you.
    Rob is a grandmaster, not exactly what I’d define as “bad at things” when it comes to shooting and getting gear installed and running correctly.

I was there for this. The screws stripped out of the mounting plate. No amount of loctite would have kept this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Rob is a grandmaster, not exactly what I’d define as “bad at things” when it comes to shooting and getting gear installed and running correctly.

I was there for this. The screws stripped out of the mounting plate. No amount of loctite would have kept this from happening.
    Yes I’m aware.

Cool for you. Things break. What does this prove in regard to general red dot durability?

Yes I’m aware.

Cool for you. Things break. What does this prove in regard to general red dot durability?
    You said people are bad at things and implied this was caused by not following directions and using loctite...

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    You said people are bad at things and implied this was caused by not following directions and using loctite...
    A man made those screws and drilled those holes in the slide.

Somewhere along the lines - someone wasn’t as good at their part as is required.

What does this prove in regard to general red dot durability?

Who made any statement in regard to general red dot durability from this incident?

This seems like a one-in-a-million, "well, you don't see that every day", sort of failure. I've been entertained.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

Who made any statement in regard to general red dot durability from this incident?

This seems like a one-in-a-million, "well, you don't see that every day", sort of failure. I've been entertained.
    Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post

Every time I convince myself to try out Carry Optics, either @GJM breaks something new or I see a video like this.
    Last edited by Duke; 09-08-2019 at 11:22 AM.

I suppose I took that in jest. After all, the video is titled, "Most Ridiculous Red Dot Fail Ever!".
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List