Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red dot gets shot

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Stripped threads on CZ Custom plates have been a known occurrence when screws are over-tightened. I believe that a mod here has had that happen.
    The new aluminum Springer plates for the RMR/SRO for the Legion/M17/X Compact have steel inserts for the screws to address this issue. Aluminum plates are not, in my experience, able to hold up to the repeated removal and installation of optics necessitated by their piss poor reliability.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am sorry. But this video in NO way should prevent someone from running a mrds. There are plenty of reasons for someone to decide not to. But this is simply not one. Shit happens for sure, but this is a result of mounting plate failure.

I went ATEI because when I was ready to climb down the mrds rabbit hole I wanted the absolute best mounting system for rmr2. I have ZERO worries about this kind of shit happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering to why he just gave up and showed clear? This is why you have/bring a back up gun to matches.

I have seen my buddies RMR fly off mid stage a few moths ago. But he fully admits to being pretty lackluster in his installations.

Still am/will gladly carry with a dot and BUIS.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

User Tag List