Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masada

I'd be more impress if any military or LE Agency issued them.

I bought one right at release. I have ~350 rounds through it.

A couple of things up-front. First, I have had a copy at one point or another of most major striker fired pistol brands on the market, typically in compact size, but several in full size as well. I presently have a family of Glocks, a couple Sig P320s, a couple of Franken Glocks (Zev factory build, a competition G19 I built myself), a CZ P10, etc.

Second, I don’t only shoot strikers/polys. I love 1911s, Beretta 92 series....ok I love them all. I’m not a snob at all, and while I might never own a High Point (ok maybe a Yeet Cannon, just because). I’ll shoot anything.

Lastly, I have a Tavor SAR and believe in IWI and their ability to make a damn fine firearm. They may not be pretty, they may not have AR triggers, but they have everything one needs when the rubber meets the road and they just run. Period.

So the Masada was obviously not Gucci Gun money up-front so the risk was minimal.

It feels good in the hand, it has the pretty standard reinforced polymer feel IWI has across the board. Grip texture is OK. It could definitely use a little more purchase. The non-flared magwell is probably the biggest design issue (if not the only one) I can point to definitively.

Sights are fine for 3-dot. They run the Sig pattern dovetail so swapping them is not an issue, nor does it require waiting for something new.

The Masada shoots well. It looks as if it has the high bore axis of a P320, but the frame design allows the shooter to grip up on it, keeping the muzzle flip well under control. Recoil is a non-issue as one would expect in a full-size duty pistol. I have had 0 issues to date with the pistol. The controls are truly ambi, and well designed/placed. The trigger, for a stock, factory striker, is actually pretty good. I’ll never pretend striker triggers please me because I love SA triggers, but it feels a lot like a Gen 3 factory Glock.

Here’s the deal...this pistol doesn’t stand out to people who have invested in systems like Sig, Hk, Glock, etc. If I were new to shooting, and I was looking at a sea of plastic fantastically and wanted the best value, most feature-rich pistol in the $500 price range, it’s damn hard to beat the value the Masada provides. I’m not getting rid of mine...in fact I shot jt just yesterday.

Masada

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    It’s a completely new platform...so there will likely be some time until that happens. The low hanging fruit is of course the IDF which issues a mix of Glocks and Jericho pistols (CZ85 clones). I wouldn’t be surprised if we see these at least undergoing field trials in the near future there. IDF armories are often a mish-mash of weapons of the same caliber as weapons are cycled in and out of their inventory. They work weapons down to the bone before replacement...getting every last possible round squeezed out before retiring them.

Also Israel/IWI exports Tavors to several South American nations, a few African nations, and even some to India...so there are already established markets they might get some play in.
    Last edited by tgoldie00; 09-18-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoldie00 View Post
    ...Jericho pistols (CZ85 clones).
    This is not correct. The IMI/IWI Jericho uses a distinct trigger and fire control design from the CZ75. If it’s a clone of anything, it would be of the Tanfoglio designs. Those pistols diverged from the CZ75 a long time ago.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Masada

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    This is not correct. The IMI/IWI Jericho uses a distinct trigger and fire control design from the CZ75. If it’s a clone of anything, it would be of the Tanfoglio designs. Those pistols diverged from the CZ75 a long time ago.
    Correct on all points, and fair. I meant more high-level, generically speaking since we were discussing military contracts but again, fair none the less.

I should also note here (since I can no longer edit) my typo for CZ 75 (I typed 85 by accident) so also thanks for pointing that out.
    Last edited by tgoldie00; 09-19-2019 at 04:36 AM.

My impulsive side says to grab one for $383 from Proven Outfitters, when I should use that money to invest in more Gen 5 9mm Glocks.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgoldie00 View Post
    <snip>
    Sights are fine for 3-dot. They run the Sig pattern dovetail so swapping them is not an issue, nor does it require waiting for something new.
    <snip>
    So for the optics ready model, if you wanted suppressor height sights for use with a dot, what would you need to buy? I'm not familiar with Sig sights--but Dawson lists sights separately for several different models.

For me, stuff like that, not having a clear "this is what fits" or even better, offering the suppressor sights with the optics ready model, is what signals "bad customer support and planning" to me. (Similar to my reaction to CZ's optics ready model that didn't have sights or plates available at first.)

The sights that seem to be preferred so far, for suppressor-height, are the night-fision perfect-dot sights for Sig, #6 Front, #8 rear, SKU: SIG-179-013-xxxx. The last 4 digits refer to the 3 rear sight choices (blackout, back 2-tritium, white ringed 2-tritium) with a white ringed front post (the only one presently available in higher sights).

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I think that's the goal for IWI. Offer a polymer pistol to go along with the tavor/negev/Galil ACE/ect that alot of countries are buying. Become a "one stop shop" vendor for all your small arms needs. Wouldnt be surprised to see IWI-affiliated countries like India, Vietnam, Guatemala, ect buy these pistols in the near future....

Oddly named yet potentially ground breaking new handgun from Israel Weapon Industries. I’m no engineer but I wonder how an algae framed pistol would hold up in a 2000 round challenge.

Name:  9917C34A-962D-44A8-8523-AD54F7BC6808.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  26.8 KB

User Tag List