Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masada

Masada

Anyone got one? Got my hands on 2 different ones at gun shops. Fully ambi, optic ready for $450. Nice trigger on the specimens I played with. Better than stock Glock, P10 and Beretta striker fired for sure. Maybe not a 2.0 M&P.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Didn't even know it was a thing.

Site Supporter
    https://iwi.net/masada/

IWI MASADA 9mm polymer framed striker-fired pistol was developed in order to provide an advanced solution to the modern battlefield requirements. Much more than just another striker-fired pistol, the MASADA features a low profile barrel for reduced perceived recoil. Fully ambidextrous controls and enhanced ergonomics which provide a natural and instinctive pointing grip angle. Three interchangeable wrap around back-straps coupled with

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Looks like @Tamara is reviewing one for Shooting Illustrated. https://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspo...ay-friday.html

If I was interested, I would wait for her review as I find her articles well worth the reading when it comes to new platforms.

I was looking at this very firearm this morning. Looks very nice. Very much like the Ruger American Pistol, IMO. The Masada has the optics cut out and plates, at a reasonable price.

I agree. I played with one in a gunshop. This is a nice looking and feeling striker-fired pistol for a budget price. No doubt magazines will be tough to source for a while, but if it survives testing in America, this pistol will probably be able to gain some market share simply because of its price, and the other good features will be a benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I agree. I played with one in a gunshop. This is a nice looking and feeling striker-fired pistol for a budget price. No doubt magazines will be tough to source for a while, but if it survives testing in America, this pistol will probably be able to gain some market share simply because of its price, and the other good features will be a benefit.
    Mags are readily available at Proven Arms & Outfitters online for $25 a pop, in 10 and 17 round flavors. I'd post a link but this phone is on the way out and giving me problems today.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 09-18-2019 at 07:50 AM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Meh. The optic plates are a nice idea if they work, but if you're going to drop the money to buy and mount a MRDS, I'm not sure the ~$140 saved vs. a MOS glock really is a deal breaker. Particularly if you're already sitting on piles of glock mags, holsters, etc.

Already plenty of plastic 9mm striker guns on the market. This one doesn't really do anything for me either.

I think a huge uphill battle any new SFA pistol has to face is that some giants in the industry have some vetted, highly capable and featured guns not just in existence, but fielded in commercial, LEO and military markets.

Beyond the acquired support gear Nephrology brings up, most of us on this forum are for the most part well beyond getting a new shiny toy just because it's available and we have the disposable income. In most cases, I strongly suspect that training with existing platforms trumps any supposed improvements from a new platform-which I suspect in most cases would be incremental at best anyhow.

Either someone has to give it to me, or there has to be an extremely compelling reason(s) for me to venture into a new platform these days. I'm personally finally ready to put my toe in the RDS water-but that's because I've just won a couple of guns equipped with 'em.

Best, Jon

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

Beyond the acquired support gear Nephrology brings up, most of us on this forum are for the most part well beyond getting a new shiny toy just because it's available and we have the disposable income. In most cases, I strongly suspect that training with existing platforms trumps any supposed improvements from a new platform-which I suspect in most cases would be incremental at best anyhow.

Best, Jon
    Are there better guns than Glocks? Probably, but I’m so invested in Glocks, mags, holsters and parts that I’m better off getting better with what I’ve got than chasing a marginally better gun.

That said, the Masada looks interesting and if that’s your weapon of choice there’s nothing stopping you. When people say “parts aren’t common,” that might be true, but you can get anything shipped to your door.

User Tag List