Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On WA state I-1639 compliance: how the good and brilliant deal with this shit. :D

Site Supporter
    Name:  A6530C38-F503-4DCD-A5C2-3A790C5E55EF.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  37.3 KB

The sad part is that one could move that wall over to within 80 miles of the coastline, and still take care of business.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    The sad part is that one could move that wall over to within 80 miles of the coastline, and still take care of business.
    I-5 is pretty much the right line.

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    ETA: if Wayne could stir himself, clearly the NRA is a 'nationally recognized organization that customarily offers firearms
    training' and could do a free 1639 course. I'd volunteer to teach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    NRA policy has always been that it will not get involved in mandatory training for legal requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Not really relevant for WA, but way back when, I got a OR license and the NRA Personal Protection Handgun course met the requirement for the mandated training.
    I get what you're saying, but there's a difference between local authoritarians authorities saying "This sounds like a good, long, inconvenient course to keep the peasants in line" and the NRA saying "Gee, an opportunity!"
    Last edited by Drang; 09-08-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

As an aside, the owner of my favorite LGS is the guy who turned me on to the online course. He made the observation that all the places throwing together a free, cheesy, letter-of-the-law course to meet the requirements have the right idea. Anyone looking to profit from this abomination is, frankly, part of the problem. I tend to agree.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I-5 is pretty much the right line.
    Here in WA it's the Cascades. Once you go over the pass you might as well be in another state.

Everything west of the Cascades is very Blue politically.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Here in WA it's the Cascades. Once you go over the pass you might as well be in another state.

Everything west of the Cascades is very Blue politically.
    That’s right. But as soon as you cross over snoqualmie pass to the dry side (+/- 60 miles), election-year I90 starts to look like a luge run sponsored by Trump. Same state, different planets.

I’m certified! We’re safer already.

Name:  299E9588-ED1B-48F6-8606-BDBA505C125D.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  49.1 KB

@RevolverRob: making things safe for WA residents, and right with the universe.

Dope cert, too. I love the bold part...

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I’m certified! We’re safer already.

Name:  299E9588-ED1B-48F6-8606-BDBA505C125D.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  49.1 KB
    Can you officiate a marriage also? Seems that should be included in the cert. somehow.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List