Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: In 2019 weapon lights are mandatory....convince me otherwise

Site Supporter
    Hardly a day goes by when I do not find myself in light conditions that would make threat identification possible but seeing non-tritium sights difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Hardly a day goes by when I do not find myself in light conditions that would make threat identification possible but seeing non-tritium sights difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes.
    I often sit on the back porch with just the spot lights that light up the backyard and pasture turned on.
    This illuminates the surrounding area great, while I sit way back in the dark shadows of the porch.
    I can watch the foxes trot across the pasture 50Y away but almost have to feel around for my beverage due to the immediate surrounding darkness.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Just in from a walk with the dog. Took the 642 out and checked the sights with the 70 lumen setting on my headlamp. No issues seeing the painted orange front sight or putting it on target on various trees at different distances.

The biggest issue, due to the bright frame, was to make sure that the headlamp was, as discussed earlier, not aimed down but into the distance somewhat.
    Last edited by blues; 09-09-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    If one is concerned about the light being a target, wouldn’t a headlamp be the worst possible choice? Even put in the woods, wouldn’t 2 legged predators be one of the biggest concerns?

At least a handheld or WML can be turned on and off quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I don’t know about mandatory, but I don’t see any harm.
    If you use any decently powerful WML, you can light up an area in a house with the gun at low ready. I know because I’ve done it often clearing houses.

I don’t have one on my current off duty guns, a shield 45 or M&P9c 1.0, but when I switch to an off duty gun that will accept a TLR1 HL, then I will carry one with a WML.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Not to point it at anyone unless they are a threat. I have seen too many LEO point a pistol at people in a car at night using the WML.
    Maybe they needed to have guns pointed at them?

If not, then there is both a common sense and training issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Maybe they needed to have guns pointed at them?
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Wrong.
    Well that leaves us with training/common sense issues; in which case the WML isn't the problem

I cant comfortably carry a WML AIWB so Im a no on that. I prefer a hand held for searching anyhow so that's how I roll.

Home gun yes WML but its a carbine so..
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

User Tag List