Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Small concealable, with hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Taurus’ utter disinterest in anything that resembles quality control means they’re an automatic no-go for serious defensive tools. If people want to buy one for the novelty value, go right ahead. But I wouldn’t bet my life on them.
    I completely agree.

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Taurus’ utter disinterest in anything that resembles quality control means they’re an automatic no-go for serious defensive tools. If people want to buy one for the novelty value, go right ahead. But I wouldn’t bet my life on them.
    I completely agree, but not sure why you quoted me? Not trying to pick a fight, but I directly mentioned S&W and indirectly referenced Ruger. If I somehow gave the impression I was promoting or recommending Taurus, my apologies.

Had a hammer spur break on an older Model 36 a few years ago, so I filed and ground it down.
    Worked just fine, but it was a pre-lock, pre-mim 36.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I checked it out. Not hard to thumb the shrouded hammer of a M38 into pants pocket.

A friend bobbed the hammer of a Taurus 85, misfires ensued. He crammed in a J Smith spring and got it shooting but trigger pull was tough.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Duplicate Post
    Last edited by JimCunn; 09-09-2019 at 07:58 PM.

I've got three 637-2 J-frames converted to titanium 9mm cylinders.
    They also have .titanium 38Sp/.357Mag cylinders.Name:  2018-10-10 12.46.51.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  38.8 KB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    I completely agree, but not sure why you quoted me? Not trying to pick a fight, but I directly mentioned S&W and indirectly referenced Ruger. If I somehow gave the impression I was promoting or recommending Taurus, my apologies.
    Probably a mis-click and meant to quote the one above yours.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by JimCunn View Post
    I've got three 637-2 J-frames converted to titanium 9mm cylinders.
    They also have .titanium 38Sp/.357Mag cylinders.Name:  2018-10-10 12.46.51.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  38.8 KB
    What is involved with that process exactly ? Where did you source the cylinders? I know the bore diameter is close enough for a 9mm conversion - but what sort of accuracy have you noticed ? I thought there could potentially be down sort of "tolerance stacking" effect. I think a light 9mm jframe would be slick !

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I've been thinking about this too, not too many options for a small hammer fired pistol other than revolvers. I was even looking into sccy cpx2 because that is supposed to be about 15 oz, but I don't find any sight options or aftermarket goodies. I think the ruger security 9 is hammer fired, LCP is too.
    The Security 9 and CPX-2 are both hammer-fired but both have slides gully shrouding the hammer save for a viewing slot. Thumbing the rear will hold the slide in battery while holstering but will not stop any hammer travel.

That said, the CPX-3 (10+1 capacity 380 ACP little brother to the CPX-2) I'm playing with hasn't given me the heebie-jeebies in an AIWB I pressed for it.

If you want to borrow my LCR, just to try out, by all means, let's meet up.

I've seen a few of the Mod 36's and Bodyguards, used, at decent prices around Sarasota...

User Tag List