Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanye Wyoming

I can't see why anyone would give a crap one way or another about Kanye or his extended family except to avoid them at pretty much all cost.

Don't see the allure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    Since I’m relatively new here I will give the old timers 48 hours to claim the username Kanye Wyoming before I request it.

I was a little worried when clicking this thread that Kanye Wyoming was the new Indiana Jones reboot.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I was a little worried when clicking this thread that Kanye Wyoming was the new Indiana Jones reboot.
    On the quest for hood treasures like the rare What The Dunk! Nike SB Dunks

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Kanye now lives in Wyoming and I'm stuck in Kalifornia.

What a cruel joke this world is......

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Kanye now lives in Wyoming and I'm stuck in Kalifornia.

What a cruel joke this world is......
    Step 1: Bust out some killer rhymes.
    Step 2: Show your ass on national TV, (think an awards show).
    Step 3: Marry a social media star with a sick booty. ( it really helps if she has a sex tape, released by one of her former lovers)
    Step 4: Keep yourself relevant in the media spotlight by constantly running your mouth and being annoying.

And BAM! Just like that, you will be able to buy a ranch in Wyoming, and go to Littleleboski's spring branding's with Kanye.

See how easy that was? Now, quit complaining and get to rapping!

Seriously though, I bet you would make a hell of a better neighbor.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    He's going to be a hoot at the @LittleLebowski Spring branding! You all eat those calf nuts!!??
    Good on him for expanding his horizons.
    I'd totally fry up some nuts and serve them with some spicy sauce for Kanye. I suspect I'd enjoy his company and he would be a better guest than many. Man, I'd love to have a beer with him.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I can't see why anyone would give a crap one way or another about Kanye or his extended family except to avoid them at pretty much all cost.

Don't see the allure.
    I want more people like this (in the public eye) to "come out" as conservatives. That will be good for all of us.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Don’t get too excited. Apparently remaking cowboy culture is a current fashion among progressives in the music industry.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-cul...9eynRpgAQNP1Sk

How the ‘Yeehaw Agenda’ Disrupted Texas Country Culture for Good
    An internet movement has democratized country ephemera through the eyes of black cowboys and cowgirls.

Last year, the Dallas-based pop culture archivist Bri Malandro declared—alongside a repost of King Kong magazine’s western-themed cover shoot featuring the singer Ciara—that “the yee haw agenda is in full effect.” The prophetic tweet caught fire, cementing a name for the surge of progressive Southern, country, and cowboy styles crossing from the fringe (no pun intended) into the mainstream. Soon “yeehaw” had seemingly flooded all corners of pop culture: In early 2019, homegrown country star Kacey Musgraves’s Golden Hour received a Grammy Award for Album of the Year, and yodeling teen Mason Ramsey had become an internet sensation. Social media—not to mention countless pieces revolving around the changing face of country music—brimmed with ten-gallon hats, rhinestones, denim, and chaps.

But Malandro’s comment, like the work she’d done documenting pop culture for nearly ten years on the internet, zeroed in specifically on the way black folks have been embracing and pioneering non-traditional country style long before now. Her popular Instagram account @theyeehawagenda chronicles decades of cowboy and Western-themed looks worn by people of color, including Texan royals Beyoncé and Solange, in addition to Prince, Mariah Carey, and her own favorite, Sisqó. More recently, this legacy has come to include Houston’s own rising rap queens Lizzo and Megan Thee Stallion, as well as Atlanta rapper Lil Nas X, whose genre-defying “Old Town Road” became the longest-running no. 1 song in Billboard history this summer.
    “Despite the fact that black people, Mexicans, and Native Americans made up a large portion of American cowboys, they were erased from history—never to be included in Western movies or history books,” says Alexander-Julian Gibbson, a Houston-born writer and visual artist. “It’s an unsettling truth considering that cowboys, especially when you grow up in Texas, are your first American heroes. They are the epitome of classic Americana, and to have black cowboys erased from that culture creates underlying tones that we aren’t a part of American history other than being slaves, when we absolutely were.”

It’s worth acknowledging that the true origin story of the cowboy doesn’t discount the role of white folks who risked their lives doing dangerous work that shaped the western frontier. But the erasure of cowboys of color sends a message that some Americans aren’t welcome to claim or find common ground within that particular culture.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-07-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'd totally fry up some nuts and serve them with some spicy sauce for Kanye. I suspect I'd enjoy his company and he would be a better guest than many. Man, I'd love to have a beer with him.
    I suspect he's probably pretty descent out of the spotlight, and no camera's around. Probably her too. It's all the folks hanging around their fame and fortune that would get to be annoying.

Imagine if the whole posse showed up with them?
    Hey! Let's go fencing!!
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I want more people like this (in the public eye) to "come out" as conservatives. That will be good for all of us.
    We'll agree to disagree. I don't think he's a good representative of the things I hold dear. (Neither is WLP. So he's not alone in that department.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List