Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 SAS

Got to handle one the other day. Right eye dominant with astigmatism, combined with monovision correction. Below is what the "sight" looked like.

Name:  20191119_134913.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  6.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

A friend is just about ready to throw down for one of these - I’ll report back if he does.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    A friend is just about ready to throw down for one of these - I’ll report back if he does.
    I suspect shenanigans to improve his view count, but MAC had one that shot way off:

Looking closely, you can see the sight was crooked:

On the off chance MAC really is the unluckiest P365 buyer, you might tell your friend to look for uneven gaps on the sight before he plunks down his cash.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I suspect shenanigans to improve his view count, but MAC had one that shot way off:

Looking closely, you can see the sight was crooked:

On the off chance MAC really is the unluckiest P365 buyer, you might tell your friend to look for uneven gaps on the sight before he plunks down his cash.
    This morning he’s waffling - he saw that Bass Pro is offering two tone standard 365s for $400 starting next week. He’s a thrifty type...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    This morning he’s waffling - he saw that Bass Pro is offering two tone standard 365s for $400 starting next week. He’s a thrifty type...
    Nothing wrong with being thrifty here. Most of those who tried the SAS version have confirmed my opinion (admittedly based on trying the standard version only) that the SAS version is a more expensive way to get less capable sights in a package that offers no real advantage in eliminating snagging during a draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Nothing wrong with being thrifty here. Most of those who tried the SAS version have confirmed my opinion (admittedly based on trying the standard version only) that the SAS version is a more expensive way to get less capable sights in a package that offers no real advantage in eliminating snagging during a draw.

Yeah, but I want him to buy a SAS so I can play with it.
    Ken

I have only fondled a P365 SAS, have not shot one. I am about 70% gimmick and 30% intrigued to try what the whole package is about. The sight that Sig chose is such a departure from sighting systems for pistols that I believe that is the barrier to effective shooting of this pistol. I believe the porting does help on a small pistol so, I'm cool with that part but that damn sight.

I joined the Sig P365 club a few months ago.I love this pistol.
    Name:  68621489_2386779364734125_737015829647851520_n.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  27.8 KB
    Last edited by If1HitU; 11-23-2019 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Someone should email Mr Strader or Mr Cohen and ask how they’d run that gun if one hand is injured. Lol! Most makers now understand that the rear sight (or optic) needs a shelf for one handed racking of the slide. This thing not only lacks the sight, but the way they configured the controls it must be slingshot to release the slide.
    That's what teeth are for.

The P365 on Bass Pro and Cabral for $399 has no night sights, no nitron finish, manual safety, and one magazine. Basically...stripped down.

User Tag List