Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 SAS

I've carried guns for over three decades, in all manner of clothing and weather and I've never-ever had a sight snag on a garment. Hammers yes, but not sights. I really don't see the concern that makes something as extremely outside the box as this necessary.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    A big part of avoiding snagging is using good holsters. Before I knew better, I snagged a slide release of a Glock on the retention strap of a cheap nylon holster.

The hammer spur on a Colt Detective Special is a virtual fish hook. A cheap nylon retention strap can get folded up under the hammer spur in a way that causes the snap to catch when it hits the hammer. Again, good holster selection solves the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

With no front sight, I wonder if this will be new @GJM 's new bear-hunting gun.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been away from this thread all day, away at a match. You guys are easily entertained.
    I'll be more entertained if you bought a 365XL SAS, which I am sure is coming soon.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I'll be more entertained if you bought a 365XL SAS, which I am sure is coming soon.
    Dude, the target market for the 365 SAS and, I assume the forthcoming XL, is physicians.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Dude, the target market for the 365 SAS and, I assume the forthcoming XL, is physicians.
    Maybe, but I think the target market is keister carry.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-07-2019 at 09:02 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’ve seen that technique before and it works for me sometimes. I feel like clothing plays a larger variable than he appears to. As an example the basketball shorts I’m currently wearing are very smooth - almost a shiny nylon. I’d hate to have to use that technique right now. And what if the person forced to use one handed techniques has a leg injury or pants covered in blood, or some oily substance? What if the shooter is in an unorthodox position behind cover or seated in their vehicle?

I want my technique and my gear to afford me the maximum ability to keep fighting. I train and compete a lot. I buy ammo by the case and pay out of pocket for classes with exceptional instructors. I still don’t find Bill’s technique to be the best answer for me. As an agency firearms instructor I have to teach people way less interested in training and shooting than I am. They don’t spend enough time on two handed shooting, much less one handed or injured shooter drills. Having a rear sight with a shelf is to me essential equipment. That’s doesn’t mean anyone else has to agree with me, but at the same time nobody will convince me Bill’s technique is a first choice for anyone unless they are on a full time tactical team or SOF. Even then I think those folks would be better served with a rear sight that allows racking.

With regard to the 365 SAS I don’t see any advantage there that makes giving up the ability to easily rack a slide using the sights even worth considering. YMMV.

Again, I think this whole concept of removing sights is stupid. Every pistol I own has a ledged rear sight, and a requirement before I’d carry a gun on or off duty is that I’d have a ledged rear sight or RMR. Just sharing info that there’s other options out there besides a giant ledge that can be implemented since some out there would insinuagr that the lack of a ledge equaled sure death.

See, Robar could still be in business if they'd shown themselves to have THE Kiester Carry finish.

Better than Nitron..
    Better than Tenifer...
    Better than DLC....

FECALGUARD NP3
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Brian Enos can market a new lube: Anus Slide Glide.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Cause we're so awesome, we don't need no fucking sights to hit stuff.
    Or we so fucking blind after eight years of post-doc training, no sights can help us.

I and Mrs. just finished a bottle of '14 Pinot so if you trolled me hard enough, I just might remove the front sight on my G48 and paint a small dot right in the middle of the rear.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List