Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 SAS

Back when I first crawled out of the ocean onto dry land, I blew an inordinate amount of my then trivial net worth on a ASP with the Guttersnipe sight. Really cool, too bad the sight worked for shit. This might be an improvement, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

On my USP/c, the front sight, and huge boat oar sized slide release has been used quite a bit. Not once have I thought, "wow, it would be nice if those didn't exist".
    Taking a break from social media.

I have been away from this thread all day, away at a match. You guys are easily entertained.

Only thing missing was a body language analysis of Phil Strader doing the intro video, to see if he felt dirty flogging this thing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been away from this thread all day, away at a match. You guys are easily entertained.

Only thing missing was a body language analysis of Phil Strader doing the intro video, to see if he felt dirty flogging this thing.
    Some of us barely shoot and are here for the giggles.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    That sight is...different. Can't help but think of the ASP and the Guttersnipe sight.

Attachment 42256
    Judging from Sig's website pictures, it appears to have an even shorter effective sight radius than Paris Theodore's creation!

Good for shooting at about arm's length. Terrible.

(They do mention "real word (sic) engagement distances", after all. )
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Lol! I shot a match today too. But I’m a few time zones ahead of you. And Phil should feel dirty.

Site Supporter
    I am all for innovation, but have yet to see a sight other than a red dot or laser that works better than conventional iron sights. When the innovation is to try to make a gun less likely to snag by making the sights less usable, that is a step backward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Hammertime
    Haven’t read other replies, but my first thoughts are: WTF, and Jumped the Shark.

To clarify, I think the idea is awful. I want better sights not worse. I want easily reached controls, not tiny ones. I’ve seen enough guys cut down controls on their gun and have issues down the road that I don’t have any desire to do so. Over riding a slide stop is not nearly as big of a deal as not being able to control your gun in my mind.

Re: one handed racking. I used to think I needed a huge rear ledge until training with Bill Blowers. He’s got a pretty unique technique that’s worth playing around with. Albeit maybe not gonna work in certain contexts, but fixing the gun in some of those situations (ECQC) might not be the priority.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OcFcO_qCs

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Re: one handed racking. I used to think I needed a huge rear ledge until training with Bill Blowers. He’s got a pretty unique technique that’s worth playing around with. Albeit maybe not gonna work in certain contexts, but fixing the gun in some of those situations (ECQC) might not be the priority.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OcFcO_qCs
    I’ve seen that technique before and it works for me sometimes. I feel like clothing plays a larger variable than he appears to. As an example the basketball shorts I’m currently wearing are very smooth - almost a shiny nylon. I’d hate to have to use that technique right now. And what if the person forced to use one handed techniques has a leg injury or pants covered in blood, or some oily substance? What if the shooter is in an unorthodox position behind cover or seated in their vehicle? What if they are exhausted or have other injuries that don’t allow a proper strength push like he demos?

I want my technique and my gear to afford me the maximum ability to keep fighting in the worst case scenario. I train and compete a lot. I buy ammo by the case and pay out of pocket for classes with exceptional instructors. I still don’t find Bill’s technique to be the best answer for me. As an agency firearms instructor I have to teach people way less interested in training and shooting than I am. They don’t spend enough time on two handed shooting, much less one handed or injured shooter drills. Having a rear sight with a shelf is to me essential equipment. That’s doesn’t mean anyone else has to agree with me, but at the same time nobody will convince me Bill’s technique is a first choice for anyone unless they are on a full time tactical team or SOF. Even then I think those folks would be better served with a rear sight that allows racking.

With regard to the 365 SAS I don’t see any advantage there that makes giving up the ability to easily rack a slide using the sights even worth considering. YMMV.
    Last edited by El Cid; 09-07-2019 at 08:26 PM.

User Tag List