Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P365 SAS

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Only thing missing was a body language analysis of Phil Strader doing the intro video, to see if he felt dirty flogging this thing.
    I hear from many people how respected Phil is in the industry. At this point, I have to wonder if that reputation is in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Maybe, but I think the target market is keister carry.
    Perfect place to carry SIG's shit products.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    "There's no front sight on this pistol, because that's a snag point."

lolololololol

"As you'll notice, there's no steering wheel on this car, because that's a snag point."

My SP2022 re-purchase will be my last time buying a Sig for a loooong time. They're just fancier Taurus at this point.
    I feel like the SP division has been laboring diligently, hidden, in an an obscure underground bunker since the late 90s, and Cohen missed it on his his inaugural tour of Sig....then one day: "Hey, who are these guys....this is who I almost went to prison for? There's only ONE version of it?????"

By the end of the day there are Rainbow X-treme 2022s chambered in .460 Rowland on shelves; a star is born.
    Last edited by UniSol; 09-08-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Site Supporter
    Reading through the lamenting and Sig hate in this thread led me to believe that Sig had discontinued every handgun in their line-up and replaced it with this single model.

Imagine my surprise when I checked their website and saw that they still offer not only the original P365, but numerous other models that lack the hated features of this gun.

I guess I don't understand the great gnashing of teeth over this.
    Last edited by kwb377; 09-08-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Reading through the lamenting and Sig hate in this thread led me to believe that Sig had discontinued every handgun in their line-up and replaced it with this single model.

Imagine my surprise when I checked their website and saw that they still offer not only the original P365, but numerous other models that lack the hated features of this gun.

Because (at least for me), many of us are old enough to remember when Sig was reputable company making quality weapons. Now they have 10 versions of everything (thus the titanium rainbow jokes), they are trying to get into too many markets (scopes, suppressors, ammo, etc.), and they lied/covered up a flaw with the P320 that could’ve killed people. Their quality has dropped because of all that - how many people had issues with flaking finish and crooked front sights on their Legion pistols a couple years ago? The gun that was supposed to be their premier line.

Oh and their CEO was indicted recently in Europe for violations of their version of ITAR. If I was looking to buy a Sig I’d try to find one that said “Made in W. Germany” on the side.

Site Supporter
    I'm old enough to remember the "good ole days" too...I've carried a 226, 220 and 229 on duty at some point over the years. I carry a 320 now...I shoot it better, the trigger is much better, and it works just as well.

In fact, my W. German 220 had a 20lb. DA trigger w/ an 8 lb. SA trigger. At one point, my agency issued everyone a P232 stainless as a BUG/off duty weapon. When we went to the range to qualify, 30% of the guns had the rear sight fly off by the second magazine. Mmmmm, good 'ole days.

People have posted in this thread (paraphrasing) "I was going to buy a 365, but not now!", or "I'll never buy another Sig again because of this!". Huh?

Show of hands...

Who here has bought a GM, Ford or Chrysler...even after some of the gigantic turd models they've foisted upon the public and the conduct of their corporate suits?

But your conscience won't allow you to buy a Sig because they offer a gun with barrel ports and a goofy sight...
    Last edited by kwb377; 09-08-2019 at 03:27 PM.

We've seen this show before with companies like Kimber.

Generally, tons and tons of products, gimmicky marketing, gimmicky finishes, and "innovation" that pretty much runs counter to pretty much all sound training is usually a bad sign. It means that a company is probably also skimping on the essential basics like sound design, manufacturing, quality control in order to get a quick buck from the cool crowd.

There's also using a long respected name brand with a good reputation to sell cheap products. Again, see Kimber, Remington, and a few others.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Sig has had a solid run of retardation...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...corpion-artic/

Name:  SAMURAI_DETAIL_SLIDE_2.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  82.9 KB

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-08-2019 at 07:00 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Because instead of fixing major issues that plauge the once great company, they just do another rainbow edition, or some ridiculous creation like this

Site Supporter

I understand your point, and not wanting to appear that way is exactly why I posted that I carry a standard P365 five days every week. I do not hate Sig. I hate the particular set of decisions that led to this pathetic version of an otherwise excellent, game-changing gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List