Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Custom Practical Revolvers

Bill is not the person to discuss whether you have too many revolvers. We shot recently and I arrived thinking, crap I’ve got too many revolvers and left thinking I let the side down and needed to quadruple the amount.

SeriousStudent has a ton of delicious goodies!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    "Concealable" also used to be one of the evil buzzwords of the general anti-gun crusaders of the past, before concealed carry was much of a thing for average people. I guess the implication was only criminals needed a small concealable gun.
    Apart from suppressors, that was basically the logic behind the NFA of 1934.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Bill is not the person to discuss whether you have too many revolvers. We shot recently and I arrived thinking, crap I’ve got too many revolvers and left thinking I let the side down and needed to quadruple the amount.

SeriousStudent has a ton of delicious goodies!
    It’s okay, that is how Bill feels when he leaves my place. It’s okay, his mantle of the King of quality and prized adult alcoholic beverages is very intact.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    SeriousStudent was over recently partaking in cigars and whiskey and I admitted I was a little disgusted with myself at the end of the double action revolver inventory I did. Bill was very nice and said “that’s not an unreasonable amount.....for a good sized municipal police department.”

And....
    As someone whose out of cigars and whiskey but am partaking in wine and pipe tobacco I'm curious as to your load of choice in that gun... M27?

Site Supporter
    Looking at DB's picture of a loaded M-27 cylinder gives one a warm and comfortable feeling. It ilistrates that things are right, proper, in their place, and as they should be. (smile)

Dave
    Last edited by Dave T; 09-09-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post

And....
    N Frame with a recessed cylinder. Just like God intended.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    As someone whose out of cigars and whiskey but am partaking in wine and pipe tobacco I'm curious as to your load of choice in that gun... M27?
    Short barrel .357 Magnum Gold Dot.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I never liked his “thinning” of the trigger guard, but the other stuff he recommended seem to make sense.
    Jordan was 6’ 6” and probably needed the room to get his extra-long trigger finger in, even with his oversized “Trooper” stocks.

Site Supporter
    Since Robar is no longer customizing guns I think I will change my priorities and get a few revolvers tuned up. My list of practical revolvers is a S&W model 66 2.5 and 4 inch. Throw in a 3” model 65 for fun. All three round butt, bobbed hammer with Ahrends retro banana grip. A S&W 642 and a 340 for pocket carry and 4” model 629 for hunting. A 4” model 18 for practice and I’m set

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    ... and I’m set
    Famous last words ;-)
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List