Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Custom Practical Revolvers

Site Supporter
    I forgot to add the best part. I already own the above list except for the 340. I didn’t say I was done. I meant I’m starting with this list first The best part of hunting for used smith & wessons is that they often have been smoothed out the old fashioned way. By using them. I prefer stainless revolvers because I hate buying a cherry blues gun and then using it and adding holster wear. Now a blued revolver with honest wear is another story. I look for worn, not worn out. But I’m starting to rethink that because the last few blued smiths I bought have had super smooth trigger pulls.
    Last edited by Poconnor; 09-11-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    What about a gun that’s mostly right from the factory? The 3” Wiley Clapp GP100’s are pretty darn close.

http://instagram.com/p/B1BeVLNgQrF/
    I really like these. Most days now I am carrying a WC GP100, LCR and a model 60 at work. The majority of my time is spent in the office. I have bought a few 3” model 65s with the intent of having them worked over some. The first thing I must have is better sights. The way the K frame fixed sights are configured leave them practically invisible to me. By the time I had the sights redone then the other things I would be in very deep. I decided the WC GP100 really has almost everything I want. My only wants with this gun is to chamfer the cylinders a little and lighten the trigger pull a little. Neither one of these are must haves though, but cheap enough to get done if I want.

User Tag List