Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Custom Practical Revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I wouldnt be too surprised if we ended up with some sort of barrel length limitations, depending on who winds up in the WH. As we all know the smaller a gun is, in other words concealable, the more dangerous and powerful it becomes. Or something like that.
    It’s the very rational fear of politicians everywhere that some disgruntled radical from the vast, sweaty masses is gonna pop a cap on them with some pop gun. Arch Duke Ferdinand, James Garfield, Ronald Reagan, James Brady, Robert Kennedy, some Russian diplomat in Turkey, so forth and so on.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    It’s the very rational fear of politicians everywhere that some disgruntled radical from the vast, sweaty masses is gonna pop a cap on them with some pop gun. Arch Duke Ferdinand, James Garfield, Ronald Reagan, James Brady, Robert Kennedy, some Russian diplomat in Turkey, so forth and so on.
    The Earl of Moray.
    William ("The Silent") of Orange...
    Last edited by Drang; 09-07-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    "Concealable" also used to be one of the evil buzzwords of the general anti-gun crusaders of the past, before concealed carry was much of a thing for average people. I guess the implication was only criminals needed a small concealable gun. they seem like theyre getting wound up for another crusade, some of the news buizz has captions of "if so and so gets elected, its going to be mandatory buy back of assault guns, all of them" and so on and so forth. Not trying to be an alarmist, just noting the tone and that it hasnt been at quite this public level of vociferousness in a while. They are trying to capitalize on the recent incidents, and see the faltering in the conservative ranks regarding SOME sort of change about guns and trying to make the most possible motion on it, or so it seems. Time will tell. My comment about not being surprised if we end up with size restrictions isnt necessarily in the immediate time frame, but within my lifetime, I wouldnt be surprised.
    Last edited by Malamute; 09-07-2019 at 09:55 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don't hold a candle to him. But yeah, if firing magnum loads out of a Model 27 doesn't put a smile on your face, go take up archery.
    SeriousStudent was over recently partaking in cigars and whiskey and I admitted I was a little disgusted with myself at the end of the double action revolver inventory I did. Bill was very nice and said “that’s not an unreasonable amount.....for a good sized municipal police department.”

And....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 09-08-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, in San Francisco it's been established that it's okay for Manuel to operate a firearm with impunity.

/sarcasm
    Only if he is dressed as Manuela.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Only if he is dressed as Manuela.
    And speaks with a Castillian pronunciation.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    S&W once offered a combat revolver tuneup for not terribly a lot of money.

I don't know if they still do and whether or not it's a good value.
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    It's apparently still offered. I've had that done to three of my 4" S&Ws, a 10-8, a 681-2 and a 22-4. It's a good value. The guns came back with a smoother and slightly lighter DA, a well-done bead blast (except the 22-4, which didn't need refinishing), and other specs where they should be. My only regret is that I didn't have the 10-8 and 681-2 made DAO. The 10-8 was my carry/IDPA gun until I went back to bottomfeeders.
    FWIW, I took the 10-8 to the range today. Posted about it here.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    And speaks with a Castillian pronunciation.
    “You killed my father. Prepare to die!”
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

“You killed my father. Prepare to die!”
    Hmmm... I was thinking more along the lines of "thinko thentavos"...but Inigo Montoya is always good.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    SeriousStudent was over recently partaking in cigars and whiskey and I admitted I was a little disgusted with myself at the end of the double action revolver inventory I did. Bill was very nice and said “that’s not an unreasonable amount.....for a good sized municipal police department.”

And....
    You can always sell guns, but you can't always afford to buy more.

(Ruger, S&W, you're welcome)

User Tag List