Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50% off Federal HST 50-round packs @ TargetSportsUSA

The rebate is applicable to any HST boxes, unless something has changed. I know people who have received rebates on both 20rd .38+p HST and the 50rd boxes of .45. I'm currently waiting on rebates for a few cases of 50rd boxes. Stack 'em deep boys and girls, it's pretty unlikely to see HST at this price ever again.
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

Did anyone else notice the price on the 147 HST jumped from $39.99 to $59.99? Had some in my cart, added to it, and the price jumped. Emptied cart, added again and stock showed depleted with 3 available. Ended up bailing on the 147 and went with 124+p instead.
    Taking a break from social media.

Last edited by bofe954; 09-06-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Which ever one of you MF'ers bought all the 147-grain HST - I am not a fan of you right now.

Now I'm faced with a decision - buy 500 rounds of 124-grain HST or say fuck it. I'm kind of leaning towards fuck it.

I wanted some .45, but they only have it in the 20-round boxes, the 50-round is +P which I have no interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Which ever one of you MF'ers bought all the 147-grain HST - I am not a fan of you right now.

Now I'm faced with a decision - buy 500 rounds of 124-grain HST or say fuck it. I'm kind of leaning towards fuck it.

I wanted some .45, but they only have it in the 20-round boxes, the 50-round is +P which I have no interest in.

kwitcherbitchin'
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Being apparently the only one here with a limited ammo budget, I ordered two boxes of 124-grain +P, plus a 100 round box of Armscor .45 hardball just to try. That gives me 300 rounds of carry ammo for the 9x19s, not including the two full mags each for the PX4s and CZ-75s. The rest of the budget goes to hardball and reloading supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    kwitcherbitchin'
    So it was you, huh?

Eh, I'm mostly just grumpy because now I had to decide if it's worth it to buy half a case of 124-grain and subsequently buy a couple of cases of 124-grain FMJ. Which, judging from the price of 124-grain, it actually isn't.

Over the last four years I've burnt up most of my 115 and 124 ball and pretty much all of my 124/127 JHP at this point I'm basically all 147-grain at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So it was you, huh?
    Not me. I've not purchased ammo recently.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Mildly OT, but I am fairly annoyed at the newer production Federal HST 147 gr, as it has a noticeable change change in POI compared to Lawman 147 gr and my old batches of HST 147 gr; at 25 yards, zeroed with Lawman/old HST, the new HST is impacting in the 9 ring of a B-8 at 1030. Has anyone else observed this?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Mildly OT, but I am fairly annoyed at the newer production Federal HST 147 gr, as it has a noticeable change change in POI compared to Lawman 147 gr and my old batches of HST 147 gr; at 25 yards, zeroed with Lawman/old HST, the new HST is impacting in the 9 ring of a B-8 at 1030. Has anyone else observed this?
    I haven’t, but all of my HST is probably “old” in that I think I last bought some ~15’ish months ago.

I did notice accuracy changes with the 147 AE that no longer has the cannelure. I also noticed it’s dirtier shooting. Not as bad as Remington UMC 147, but not what it once was.

Have you chrono’ed it?

I really thought “old” HST was running at 950. But now I’n seeing 1000-1050 as reported numbers. Meanwhile AE and Lawman are reporting in a little low at 920-950. Neither of those is a recipe for matching like the old combo did.

User Tag List