Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy and fun open carry discussion!

Happy and fun open carry discussion!

So what handgun rounds they quitting selling?

As far as the asking of everybody to not carry open, I guess I kinda see where they’re coming from since so many people are afraid of someone carrying a gun. I don’t open carry (for obvious reasons) so I’m not too concerned with that part, anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    So what handgun rounds they quitting selling?

As far as the asking of everybody to not carry open, I guess I kinda see where they’re coming from since so many people are afraid of someone carrying a gun. I don’t open carry (for obvious reasons) so I’m not too concerned with that part, anyways.

I'm afraid when I see an open carrier, because retarded people shouldn't handle firearms.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Totally not the answer I was expecting and yes- I do agree to an extent but how do you know every open-carrier is a retarded person who shouldn’t handle firearms?....lol.

Or are you just saying anyone who open carry’s is retarded?....[emoji3166]

Anyone who practices open carry, anywhere other than the farm or the ranch, is so fucking butt crack stupid they shouldn't be around sharp objects let alone firearms.

Clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Anyone who practices open carry, anywhere other than the farm or the ranch, is so fucking butt crack stupid they shouldn't be around sharp objects let alone firearms.

Clear enough?
    This said- coming from a police officer who- open carries...[emoji41]

But yes- for the most part, I agree. I mean, there are both pros... and cons to each method of carry but in my opinion- and probably most likely in yours as well, that open carrying requires far too much sharpened situational awareness that probably most people lack. Even if you are just standing in a line at the 7/11 waiting to pay for your gas, or your soda pop, and someone walks in with intentions to hold up the place, there’s a good chance you’re probably gonna wind up with the first bullet because you are already labeled as a threat. Somebody could walk up behind you and yank your pistol out of its holster if they are quick enough if that was just the one and only second you weren’t paying attention- or there could be multiple people who wrestle you down and take it from you that way and use it on you.

For the most part I agree with you because there’s so many people who do it simply just to piss off the libs and make a political statement. I don’t open carry primarily because with open carry, there’s a lot less places you can’t carry within...[emoji6]

Nobody needs to know I’m packin’ until it’s time to reveal it.

Clear enough?
    Assuming you support the right to be stupid in this case, as well as things like hunting and emergency situations, agreed.

This said- coming from a police officer who- open carries...[emoji41]
    Attempting to equate a uniformed police officer with a citizen who openly carries a firearm is a strawman argument, better suited for the short school bus than this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Assuming you support the right to be stupid in this case, as well as things like hunting and emergency situations, agreed.
    Of course.

People have the right to pack heat like rainman. I also have the right to tell them they're a fucking idiot for doing so.

Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

A uniformed LEO is required to openly carry a firearm. This sole fact takes that position out of relevance for this discussion. If you can't see that, or, if you refuse to acknowledge that lack of correlation we really have nothing else to discuss on that matter.
    Yes, I do realize that it is required and yes, I do realize it is part of the uniform. I was just more/less asking for clarification.

I'm not going to waste my time by again laying out the various and sundry reasons why I think open carry is a bad idea, from any of the various positions of tactics, security and social responsibility. On that point the search function is your friend.
    So, I need to use the search function just to ask why you think it’s a bad idea?...lol.

Trust me, I don’t you to tell me the differences- and the pros and cons to each method of carry and I certainly don’t need the search feature of this site or any gun forum to tell me that. I’ve been on gun forums a lot and I’ve discussed this with other people more than I care to say how much. This was just purely a matter of asking if you feel this way because you’re a cop or if it’s just plain and simply personal opinion- kinda like how I do when I stated I felt the same way you do about open carry.

Last edited by corneileous; 09-04-2019 at 01:20 PM.

So, I need to use the search function just to ask why you think it’s a bad idea?...lol.
    Yes.

You're the one who just showed up here last month.

Nobody needs to waste their time re-explaining shit to you that has already been beaten to death ad-nauseum on the forum.

That's generally how this place works. Use the search function.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Corn...

Re open carry

1. On your ranch/land etc or otherwise in lawful pursuit of game-ok
    2. Uniformed personnel required as a condition of their job-ok (presuming a retention holster)
    3. Only way to legally carry a pistol because CCW is illegal-ok
    4. Law enforcement personnel and security employees in the performance of their duties-ok (presuming a retention holster)

Open carry when you can CCW is not a good idea as evidenced by the fact that no reputable instructor/school recommends such behavior
    to include: Gunsite, Thunder Ranch (Clint Smith), EAG ( Pat Roger, RIP) Todd Louis Green (RIP), Cumberland Tactics (Randy Cain), Rangemaster (Tom Givens)

But hey, you do you.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 09-04-2019 at 02:15 PM.

User Tag List