Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy and fun open carry discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Sir,

With all due respect, you are not having a simple conversation with one person; you are posting on a forum. You need to use the private message (PM) function to have a conversation with just selected people. But you know that since this is not your first rodeo.
    Thanks for the late breaking news there, Tom Brokaw but uh, this still goes back to what I said before: if that’s the best you can do at interjecting, then I would think the wise thing to do would be to just stay out of it if you can’t bring anything useful and relevant to the sub-discussion between those two people. You know.... kinda like the whole saying where it says, and I quote, “if you can’t say nothing nice, then don’t say nothing at all”....[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    One might even say it was a...uh...coterie of ants?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Now that you mention it...[emoji41]

Birds of a feather feather flock together...

Members who are current and former LE and military, as well as members who are neither have all basically said the same thing about why they think open carry is stupid and the people who practice it in urban areas likely make awful decisions in other aspects of their lives too. It’s pretty obvious that @Trooper224 wasn’t saying that only law enforcement officers are trained enough or smart enough to open carry. That’s something you came up with on your own. That being the case, the search function would bring up numerous threads, some very recent, that explain why open carry is generally a stupid decision for everyone who can avoid it at great lengths with much detail. His suggestion to search for them wasn’t anywhere as dickish as you’re taking it to be.

Since you’re likely going to respond to this post by telling me I am butting into a conversation between two people, I’m just going to say in advance: No, I’m not. I’m posting a public post on a public forum as part of a public conversation between many people. That’s what everyone who has posted in this thread, including yourself, is doing.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Members who are current and former LE and military, as well as members who are neither have all basically said the same thing about why they think open carry is stupid and the people who practice it in urban areas likely make awful decisions in other aspects of their lives too. It’s pretty obvious that @Trooper224 wasn’t saying that only law enforcement officers are trained enough or smart enough to open carry. That’s something you came up with on your own. That being the case, the search function would bring up numerous threads, some very recent, that explain why open carry is generally a stupid decision for everyone who can avoid it at great lengths with much detail. His suggestion to search for them wasn’t anywhere as dickish as you’re taking it to be.

Since you’re likely going to respond to this post by telling me I am butting into a conversation between two people, I’m just going to say in advance: No, I’m not. I’m posting a public post on a public forum as part of a public conversation between many people. That’s what everyone who has posted in this thread, including yourself, is doing.
    ...as a public service announcement.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Members who are current and former LE and military, as well as members who are neither have all basically said the same thing about why they think open carry is stupid and the people who practice it in urban areas likely make awful decisions in other aspects of their lives too.
    It’s just a small handful of people that’s posted to this thread today...lol

But yes, I agree right along beside them- even said that several times so once more I’m trying to figure out why there just had to be another mere mention of it....again.

It’s pretty obvious that @Trooper224 wasn’t saying that only law enforcement officers are trained enough or smart enough to open carry.
    I never actually said he did, but I did ask about his stance towards it if that was him saying that or if it was the cop in him saying it. But once again, I think that bridge has been crossed so why the u-turn?

That’s something you came up with on your own.
    I just simply asked. Go back up and read my post 94 and 100 and you’ll see where I asked just that.

That being the case....
    Again, how is that the case??? it’s already been said by me once before that I was not asking for the details of any.... open carry vs concealed carry arguments...lol. I wasn’t asking why he was opposed to it, i was just simply asking on what basis was.... he opposed to it, gee whiz.

...the search function would bring up numerous threads, some very recent, that explain why open carry is generally a stupid decision for everyone who can avoid it at great lengths with much detail. His suggestion to search for them wasn’t anywhere as dickish as you’re taking it to be.
    *SMDH*..... His suggestion to search them was not really dick-ish as you put it, just completely unnecessary, JUST AS YOU’RE DOING IT NOW.

And excuse me for sounding a bit dick-ish at the time because again, I didn’t then, and certainly didn’t need to be again.... referred to a very irrelevant bunch of senseless and most likely mind-numbing arguments between the concealed carrier and the open carrier.

Since you’re likely going to respond to this post...
    Well, you didn’t really make it very hard to not to, now did you? You pretty much just regurgitated what most everyone else has already said.

....by telling me I am butting into a conversation between two people, I’m just going to say in advance: No, I’m not. I’m posting a public post on a public forum as part of a public conversation between many people. That’s what everyone who has posted in this thread, including yourself, is doing.
    Well, other than just pretty much repeating what most everybody else has said, at least your post has more merit than the first post @TGS made a while back.

There’s nothing wrong with interjection if you’re at least going to say something half-assed productive.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ...as a public service announcement.
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sorry. Since most of this is just a regurgitation of other comments, I have a hard time taking it as serious as that.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Again, how is that the case??? it’s already been said by me once before that I was not asking for the details of any.... open carry vs concealed carry arguments...lol. I wasn’t asking why he was opposed to it, i was just simply asking on what basis was.... he opposed to it, gee whiz.

Maybe the confusion stems from the fact that “why” and “on what basis” are essentially the same question worded differently. You keep asking the same question so everyone responds with the same answer. The answer to your question is a list of why open carrying is dumb.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Maybe the confusion stems from the fact that “why” and “on what basis” are essentially the same question worded differently. You keep asking the same question so everyone responds with the same answer. The answer to your question is a list of why open carrying is dumb.
    I take it you didn’t read those two posts of mine I referred you to, did you? Because if you had, then there really shouldn’t be any confusion as to what I was really asking at first, and really, the only person I was originally talking to could answer it but I don’t think I’ve yet to get an official answer due to everyone else bulging in but, I think it’s pretty safe to say that this particular person is not necessarily saying you have to be a cop in order to not be seen as a “retarded butt-crack”.

Are we clear now?

And for the umpteenth time, I’m not asking ANYBODY why open carry is dumb. I don’t need anybody to tell me why that is what it is so why on God’s green earth would I ask a question that I already have a pretty good knowledge of in the first place?? I’m starting to wonder about some of you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    What the over/under on the ragequit?
    Probably not too good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    And again, this means what? What’s the purpose of highlighting the length of how long someone has been member to a forum? So many people do it and it like they think it’s a person’s first rodeo.

That may be but it seems to me like you’re implying that I really like to talk about this subject and if you are, you’re wrong because what I said initially meant was that I have talked about this a lot in the past and I don’t care to talk about it anymore because it’s a deadhorse that’s been beaten to a pulp but once again,
    that conversation is not nowhere what i wish to talk about.
    A word of caution man. This isn't USAcarry, these people don't tolerate bullshit.

This forum is composed primarily of Industry professionals, legal professionals, name professional trainers, police officers ( everything from Andy Taylor to sworn Federal officers), military including door kickers. Competitive shooters and people who take their training very seriously.

There are a lot of people on this forum with some real been-there-done-that credentials. You would be well served to shut up and listen to them as opposed to going out of your way to make enemies.

YMMV
    Last edited by Cypher; 09-05-2019 at 07:16 AM.

User Tag List