Thread: 1911 grip safety wedging

1911 grip safety wedging

Anyone have any experience with Shok-Buff wedging the grip safety on a 1911 to deactivate it?
    I did it to my Colt and so far after several hundred rounds it's still working, just curious if anyone's done it long term.
    I'm not wanting to internally grind off the safety, just looking for a "permanent" deactivation that can be easily reversed.
    I suppose I could buy a SVI/Infinity solid beavertail, but that's $90 I don't really want to spend on this particular pistol.

Example:
    Attachment 42173
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I was shown the method with a pin in a small hole in the MSH and a corresponding hole in the grip safety. Works well and is totally reversible. http://www.brazoscustom.com/magart/1101.htm

No experience, but that looks like a good idea to me. Maybe a dap of RTV under it to make it easier to keep in position. Once together I would think there is no place to go.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List