Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to choose a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Long story but I need a new primary care physician. I haven't had a primary care doctor for a long time preferring to use a nurse practitioner instead. I have no idea how to go about finding a good doctor. I know I want someone that stays on top of current research, doesn't prescribe drugs to try to fix every problem, and takes the time to try to understand what the issue is. I hardly ever go to the doctor but I want a good one when I need one. Insurance makes it more difficult but there are still plenty of options in my area.

Any tips?
    Any reason not to stay with your nurse practitioner? The last 2 of the top 3 things you said you were interested in are literally why nurse practitioners exist. They most likely do all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Any reason not to stay with your nurse practitioner? The last 2 of the top 3 things you said you were interested in are literally why nurse practitioners exist. They most likely do all 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They left the profession.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List