Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HE508T | First impressions and initial range review, with comparison to RMR

Holosun - consistent?

A problem with Holosun is Chinese quality control consistency. We have samples of one doing fine, but many others not so much. I started with 2 HS507Cs. After both were exposed to water, one failed. Holosun replaced it. The replacement failed from normal use. The third one may still be fine but is currently in its box as a potential 4th line backup (after RMR T2s, 2.5 MOA SROs and 5 MOA SROs).

Quote Originally Posted by ADK View Post
    A problem with Holosun is Chinese quality control consistency. We have samples of one doing fine, but many others not so much. I started with 2 HS507Cs. After both were exposed to water, one failed. Holosun replaced it. The replacement failed from normal use. The third one may still be fine but is currently in its box as a potential 4th line backup (after RMR T2s, 2.5 MOA SROs and 5 MOA SROs).
    Same here, with one a hard failure early on, another one working and a third working with a big scratch on the front lens.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I just keep picturing primary arms. Either works or does not. Maybe a American company can piggyback the titanium idea if it works. I just have a hard time believing this will work with widespread use. I also prefer as simple of a system as possible. I hope my gut is wrong and this will be a great option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up a 507C and have yet to shoot it but I did notice 2 things right away... But this is only my sample of one.

1. The Auto-adjust is not good indoors... Way too sensitive. Just walking through a room the overhead lighting will cause the dot to brighten and dim constantly, with each adjustment being darker than I desire. In low lighting with a WML forget about it... I can't see the reticle at all.
    Manual mode fixes this issue.

2. The Motion Sensor is not as responsive as I expected, but I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just a thing.
    I am comparing it to a DPP which will activate if a mouse farts in its vacinity. By contrast I have very gently picked up the 1301 I have it on and shoulder mounted it without activating the dot. But any realistic motion that causes some inertia will trip it on... Just a small twitch activated it.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I just picked up a 507C and have yet to shoot it but I did notice 2 things right away... But this is only my sample of one.

1. The Auto-adjust is not good indoors... Way too sensitive. Just walking through a room the overhead lighting will cause the dot to brighten and dim constantly, with each adjustment being darker than I desire. In low lighting with a WML forget about it... I can't see the reticle at all.
    Manual mode fixes this issue.

2. The Motion Sensor is not as responsive as I expected, but I'm not saying that's a bad thing, just a thing.
    I am comparing it to a DPP which will activate if a mouse farts in its vacinity. By contrast I have very gently picked up the 1301 I have it on and shoulder mounted it without activating the dot. But any realistic motion that causes some inertia will trip it on... Just a small twitch activated it.
    Thanks for your input. As mentioned in the first post, the HE508T appears to suffer from the same auto brightness issue. It's likely fine for one-way range use outdoors, but that's about it. My recommendation is to not use it at all. The buttons are small but not that bad.

I find your comment really interesting about the motion sensor. For everyone's reference, the Sig ROMEO1 has a similar sensitivity as the Leupold DPP, which is that it turns on with even crazy small movement (like lightly blowing air on it while it's sitting on a table). The HE508T that I own has motion sensitivity similar to the ROMEO1 / DPP, but perhaps a little bit less. If I pick up the pistol, even gently, it turns on.

Just an update: I fired another 200 rounds through the G45 MOS today with the HE508T mounted in the C&H Precision MOS plate. It's still secure, it's still accurate, and it's still extremely fast. That circle + dot reticle is just perfect for me.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...-08-29.jpg?363
    www.noisefighters.com
    Delivering the first gel-filled ear pads with relief cuts for glasses to pass through.
    No more headaches. Less noise.
    USMC combat veteran designed and made entirely in the USA.
    Direct: 616-226-3551 |Email: team@noisefighters.com
    Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Any updates on this?

Update

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Any updates on this?

My HE508T is still working the same as from the beginning. No issues. I've had it out for two big range days since the last update and it's done fine. Actually, it's done a lot better than my old but reliable Sig ROMEO1 RDS because that one can't get bright enough for full sunlight shooting when targets are brightly colored. The HE508T is on a different level of potential brightness, plus its circle + dot reticle is huge.

Unfortunately, I'm not putting it on an accelerated wear schedule like Sage Dynamics does, so I don't plan on posting any more updates unless I encounter problems.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...-08-29.jpg?363
    www.noisefighters.com
    Delivering the first gel-filled ear pads with relief cuts for glasses to pass through.
    No more headaches. Less noise.
    USMC combat veteran designed and made entirely in the USA.
    Direct: 616-226-3551 |Email: team@noisefighters.com
    Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Noisefighters View Post
    My HE508T is still working the same as from the beginning. No issues. I've had it out for two big range days since the last update and it's done fine. Actually, it's done a lot better than my old but reliable Sig ROMEO1 RDS because that one can't get bright enough for full sunlight shooting when targets are brightly colored. The HE508T is on a different level of potential brightness, plus its circle + dot reticle is huge.

Unfortunately, I'm not putting it on an accelerated wear schedule like Sage Dynamics does, so I don't plan on posting any more updates unless I encounter problems.
    Okay, thanks. Was curious on rounds and how she was doing. You seem to be the only person I have read that is using one and putting out any useful knowledge. The few have been guys that called them rmr2 beaters since they had 4-500 “FLAWLESS” rounds through theirs.

TLDW.
    It passed the 2000 round test.
    Slight "chipping?" at the top of the window after the four shoulder height drop tests. There were no serious cracks and it didn't lose zero.
    Ranks in his most durable optic category, along with RMR and ACRO.
    The ring reticle is good for teaching new dot shooters to find dot.
    He likes the 508T
    David S.

User Tag List