Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holosun - Multi Reticule Question

Holosun - Multi Reticule Question

Has anyone using a 509T/ 507c/ etc on a rifle tried tonise the circle for holdover ala eotech? I know this is a smaller circle

You could, but the circle on their pistol optics is half sized vs the eotech. So if a man fills the circle he is 200M away, if he fills it to the center dot he is 400M away. That makes it pretty useless for the ranges a red dot might be used at.

Their rifle optocs like the AEMS do have a full size circle, so you can range like an eotech.

For holdovers, if you hold halfway between the circle thats an 8moa drop, which will put you at about 400M on my chart, obviously depends on your load and zero, but pretty far for a red dot, and I would definitely want a more precise aiming point when shooting at that distance.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Has anyone using a 509T/ 507c/ etc on a rifle tried tonise the circle for holdover ala eotech? I know this is a smaller circle
    I did some experimenting with the Holosun AEMS on a 5.56 AR, and after trying to use the bottom of the circle for holdover, felt it worked out better just sticking the circle where you needed to, to incorporate enough holdover. I have heard of people using the circle on a Holosun to estimate shotgun pattern with good results.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have done this.

When I first started in PCC, I wanted a super low mount so I put a 507c on it.

Later and currently I use a 512 with the larger circle dot.

The issue with the 32 MOA circle instead of the 64 MOA circle…

Is that the smaller MOA circle is too crowded and blots out the target, making it hard to be accurate unless the brightness is fairly low on the reticle.

With the 64 MOA, there’s clear space and daylight between the center dot and the circle where you can see target features.

I do use the circle as a holdover guide.

Perfect thanks to everyone that responded

My use case was on a Flux raider so I was not as concerned about distance ranging but wanted a quick holdover reference point close up

That said the smaller circle on the 509T does make ti too crowded for me after just testing it so I am back to dot only.

On a 556 or bigger rifle 100% agreed with eotech sized circle dot.

Perfect thanks to everyone that responded

My use case was on a Flux raider so I was not as concerned about distance ranging but wanted a quick holdover reference point close up

That said the smaller circle on the 509T does make ti too crowded for me after just testing it so I am back to dot only.

On a 556 or bigger rifle 100% agreed with eotech sized circle dot.
    One additional observation I had when trying to run a 2MOA dot only was that outdoors, it wasn’t bright enough and was hard to pick out.

So there’s that.

I did a 6MOA on a PCC and I liked that, but eventually learned to use and love the 64 MOA circle dot for PCC as is kind of the gaming standard.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    One additional observation I had when trying to run a 2MOA dot only was that outdoors, it wasn’t bright enough and was hard to pick out.

So there’s that.

I did a 6MOA on a PCC and I liked that, but eventually learned to use and love the 64 MOA circle dot for PCC as is kind of the gaming standard.
    Makes sense. I am debating doing a high mount on a flux and seeing how that works out.

Makes sense. I am debating doing a high mount on a flux and seeing how that works out.
    Off topic, how do you like the flux? I’ve played around with Glock braces and mounts and they’re interesting.

What role / use are you thinking for it?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Off topic, how do you like the flux? I’ve played around with Glock braces and mounts and they’re interesting.

What role / use are you thinking for it?
    The glock brace and mount felt just ok to me

The p320 version seemsd like a gimmick till I ran one. Now I think it is the best pdw out.

My random reasons

Pros

1) reliable platform with p320 fcu

2) feed jhp unlike some pccs

3) common parts and mags

4) it is tiny, little bigger than a pistol, fits under a jacket with single point sling and into almost any bag (one reason I don't know if I want higher optic but it is a tiny diff)

5) speed reload is brilliant

6) overall well thought out, one of the few systems I don't really think needs anything but the charging handle

Cons:

1) pain to obtain

2) due to p320 not protecting against over insertion, reloads over 17 can cause issues if you are a mag crammer (raising hand). I solve this by running 21 is main gun and 17 for reload

If you want pics or such shout. Happy to answer any and all other questions

Ours is very often a car backpack gun next to my wife's leg if going through potentially dodgy areas. Doesn't replace a edc carry but better than a rifle in the trunk

@G19Fan that is awesome!

I read this article googling and the suppressor bukakke block off butt plug is a really good idea.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ider-mp17/amp/

I am pretty sure you just cost me some money, lol.

User Tag List