Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HE508T | First impressions and initial range review, with comparison to RMR

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    ^^^ My concern with an ACRO/Picatinny style mount for a pistol is two-fold...
    1. It will be difficult to mount as low as the top screw systems increasing the height over bore and necessitating stupidly tall irons.
    2. The increased height will make the pistol more difficult to conceal.
    Solve or at least mitigate those two issues and I'm all for it.
    ATEi Milled ACRO footprints use standard size glock sights (not suppressor height sights) to co-witness.

When there is no screw going down, you can sink the optic lower into the slide.

Any info out there as to when the new HE509T is going to be available to we peons?

Got to shoot my new 508T (200 rounds) on a milled G19.3 slide (no bosses) alongside my G19.5 with a G19X slide with AOS and a RMR06 type 2

First on the fit, the Holosun did not fit tightly in the milled RMR cut like the RMR did. And without bosses I was a little concerned. But if the Holosun continues to perform it will love to the AOS gun.

I thought I’d like the Eotech reticle but in the end I found it distracting when trying for a precise shot. And I was more prone to think of the whole reticle as the aiming point. Nice that it’s so easy to switch to the single dot.

I found the auto brightness feature to never be bright enough so I switched to the manual mode. Is the manual mode supposed to have shake awake? Because I’ve left it sit the reticle never seemed to shut off.

The larger window is slightly more forgiving and if the dot leaves the window in recoil I get to see more of the dot travel path before I need to press the trigger. Vs the RMR where as soon as the dot reappears it’s time to start pressing. Hope that makes sense. And or maybe my dot technique is wrong.

Appreciated the less blue glass as on my indoor range with crappy lighting my eye gets more info without having to work as hard. I’ve read that given two separate views your brain prefers the brighter one so crappy lighting + tint = my dominant eye has to work harder to vs my non dominant eye with less obscurity from the tint.

Size wise it doesn’t seem to make any concealment difference AIWB.

Liked that it was designed from the start with a sealed battery compartment vs the RMR janky sealing plate.

Haven’t really thought about the solar part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I found the auto brightness feature to never be bright enough so I switched to the manual mode. Is the manual mode supposed to have shake awake? Because I’ve left it sit the reticle never seemed to shut off.
    Yep, manual mode does have shake awake. Page 13 of my manual: the default sleep setting is 10 minutes, and you can press and hold the + button for 10 seconds to enter time adjustment mode. There are 4 options: 10 minutes, 1 hour, 12 hours, or shake awake (sleep mode) disabled. Press and release the + or - button to select the option you wish. The LED will blink once for 10 minutes, twice for 1 hour, three times for 12 hours, and four times for shake awake (sleep mode) disabled. Then press the + and - buttons simultaneously to save the time setting and power off the sight.

I thought I’d like the Eotech reticle but in the end I found it distracting when trying for a precise shot. And I was more prone to think of the whole reticle as the aiming point. Nice that it’s so easy to switch to the single dot.
    I can definitely understand that when it comes to longer range (perhaps 10+ yards) shooting. Inside that distance, though, it's like having a 32MOA dot, which is super fast for me to find. I do switch back and forth some times.

----

Update: I had the chance to shoot my G45 MOS again today with the HE508T and really enjoyed it. Still no issues on my end. It acts like new.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...-08-29.jpg?363
    www.noisefighters.com
    Delivering the first gel-filled ear pads with relief cuts for glasses to pass through.
    No more headaches. Less noise.
    USMC combat veteran designed and made entirely in the USA.
    Direct: 616-226-3551 |Email: team@noisefighters.com
    Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Noisefighters View Post
    Yep, manual mode does have shake awake. Page 13 of my manual: the default sleep setting is 10 minutes, and you can press and hold the + button for 10 seconds to enter time adjustment mode. There are 4 options: 10 minutes, 1 hour, 12 hours, or shake awake (sleep mode) disabled. Press and release the + or - button to select the option you wish. The LED will blink once for 10 minutes, twice for 1 hour, three times for 12 hours, and four times for shake awake (sleep mode) disabled. Then press the + and - buttons simultaneously to save the time setting and power off the sight.
    I have a real hard time pressing the - button. But I did enter the auto-off setting and make sure it was set to 10 minutes. Previously I had let it sit but was unable to sneak up on it and find it off. But now it does work.

I can definitely understand that when it comes to longer range (perhaps 10+ yards) shooting. Inside that distance, though, it's like having a 32MOA dot, which is super fast for me to find. I do switch back and forth some times.
    I can absolutely see that. I was at shooting 4" numbered circles at 25y.

I did my first range trip with my 508T yesterday, 475 rounds fired.

Opposite of what I thought, I vastly preferred the 2MOA dot to the 32MOA circle dot. While the 32MOA circle dot felt faster, the timer simply didn't bear that out -- and when shooting B8s at speed (the Test, etc.), I found precision lacking as I had a difficult time finding the center dot. The 2MOA dot on the other hand was bouncing around mostly inside the black, which made life easy (one run was a 99 in 8.04 seconds). Having said that, I simply haven't been dry firing lately due to having to send a gun off for repair and it showed. Now that I've got my practice gun back, I'll be working some more with the 508T and attempting to confirm that the 2MOA dot is indeed best for me.

I found the slight increase in window size to be quite significant in practice. With a bit more vetting, I can see myself carrying this as a primary dot over an RMR.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I have a real hard time pressing the - button. But I did enter the auto-off setting and make sure it was set to 10 minutes. Previously I had let it sit but was unable to sneak up on it and find it off. But now it does work.
    Hey, I ended up trying to adjust the sleep timer myself and can't seem to get it to work. I hold down the + button and the optic blinks at 3 seconds, switching from manual to auto or from auto to manual mode. It doesn't get to 10 seconds and enter the sleep time adjustment mode. I'm wondering if the red dot version of the HE508T is set on a fixed timer and the manual is wrong. Can you confirm you were actually able to adjust the timer?
    www.noisefighters.com
    Delivering the first gel-filled ear pads with relief cuts for glasses to pass through.

I was able to adjust the timer with those instructions, and mine is the red version.

Hey, I ended up trying to adjust the sleep timer myself and can't seem to get it to work. I hold down the + button and the optic blinks at 3 seconds, switching from manual to auto or from auto to manual mode. It doesn't get to 10 seconds and enter the sleep time adjustment mode. I'm wondering if the red dot version of the HE508T is set on a fixed timer and the manual is wrong. Can you confirm you were actually able to adjust the timer?

With both the circle and the dot turned on, my "crosshairs" seem to be canted to the left. Anyone else notice this or are yours clocked at 12,3,6,9?

Canting

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    With both the circle and the dot turned on, my "crosshairs" seem to be canted to the left. Anyone else notice this or are yours clocked at 12,3,6,9?
    Mine are aligned correctly with 12/3/6/9. Sounds like part of your emitter is canted. That's a bummer and not something I've heard of happening before. Anybody else heard of it? If you decide to start a warranty claim, please let us all know how it goes. I've been running Holosun products for awhile now and have never had an issue, so I'd like to know how they treat you, at least.
    www.noisefighters.com

User Tag List