Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: HE508T | First impressions and initial range review, with comparison to RMR

Anyone killed a battery yet? I actually find the auto mode pretty versatile if I use circle dot. I find that I need to put it on at least setting 8 or 9 on DOT only to be bright enough without having to adjust throughout the day.

Eventually I'll get some version of V2 so I can crank it up really bright and not have to worry about adjusting the zero.

GJM,

The + and - are definately larger, I compared a V2 to a V1 and the V2 buttons were larger and easier to manipulate. I am liking the V2, shot on Saturday with a buddy who had a Glock milled for RMR, he liked my Gen5 MOS with the 507C, he offered to trade.

Low co-witness iron sights with HE508T

@Noisefighters, in your initial post for this thread, can you please identify the specific iron sights installed? I also have a G45 MOS, with the HE508T-V2 on order. I'm trying to find the lowest sights that would still work through the window. Thanks!

Op mentioned using gl429 by Ameriglo. I'm using the gl411 that have the same height. I just have a tritium front with white ring around the vial. I would say they are just barely tall enough to be usable.
    I'm using a gen 5 MOS with ch precision v3 plate and holosun 508tv1.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    Op mentioned using gl429 by Ameriglo. I'm using the gl411 that have the same height. I just have a tritium front with white ring around the vial. I would say they are just barely tall enough to be usable.
    I'm using a gen 5 MOS with ch precision v3 plate and holosun 508tv1.
    Thanks, @noguns! I appreciate the detail. I missed the point about the GL-429 in the original post. I'll go with the same setup.

Site Supporter

Any experience on long guns?

I’m toying with the idea of putting an HE508T on my Beretta 1301T, or maybe on a new AR pistol. I’ve been using MROs, and am pleased with them, but would like to try something smaller.
    Anyone have experience with this (or another RMR-ish RDS) on either of these types?

Just a quick note to those perceiving a canted circle dot reticle in these optics. Make sure that is not also your astigmatism causing this effect. I had the exact same issue with a HS503GU on an AR, but noticed that the circle and hash mark would straighten back out when I viewed the whole reticle through the small rear aperture of the BUIS. That is not a test you can do with a pistol so it may make you think the reticle is canted, which it very well may be. My astigmatism affected the ACSS reticle version of the Holosun as well when I looked through one and it looked like a double horseshoe that was slightly out of alignment. Take a photo of the reticle with your phone and make sure it's really a canted emitter and not your eyesight. I recently got Rigid Gas Permeable contact lenses for my astigmatism and it has mostly cured the red dot problems for me.

NECROPOST!!!

Sorry about that, but this seems to be the only 508T specific thread here, so I felt it most belonged in this thread for now.

Anywhooo… I’m about ready to purchase an RDS or two for my 92G and PX4. I’m toying with the idea of a 509T for the 92G, but would have to buy a new plate for it. The EPS also appeals to me for the PX4, but again, a new plate setup would be required and the EPS are rare as hen’s teeth. Since the PX4 in particular will be a concealed EDC, I’m OK with using an open emitter, and thus need to decide between going with an RMR or the 508T.

My main holdup: ideally, I’d like to use the auto-adjust setting to save juice when concealed. I hear the RMR trumps the 508T here, as it is more “accurate”/responsive to adjusting to the target’s brightness whereas the 508T seems to adjust to the lighting over or near the unit itself. I’m looking to see if current models have improved there or not before I make my decision, hence this post. Any feedback I can get comparing the 508T to the RM06 or RM07 would be ideal. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    NECROPOST!!!

Sorry about that, but this seems to be the only 508T specific thread here, so I felt it most belonged in this thread for now.

Anywhooo… I’m about ready to purchase an RDS or two for my 92G and PX4. I’m toying with the idea of a 509T for the 92G, but would have to buy a new plate for it. The EPS also appeals to me for the PX4, but again, a new plate setup would be required and the EPS are rare as hen’s teeth. Since the PX4 in particular will be a concealed EDC, I’m OK with using an open emitter, and thus need to decide between going with an RMR or the 508T.

My main holdup: ideally, I’d like to use the auto-adjust setting to save juice when concealed. I hear the RMR trumps the 508T here, as it is more “accurate”/responsive to adjusting to the target’s brightness whereas the 508T seems to adjust to the lighting over or near the unit itself. I’m looking to see if current models have improved there or not before I make my decision, hence this post. Any feedback I can get comparing the 508T to the RM06 or RM07 would be ideal. Thanks!
    I would choose the 508t because you don't need to take it off to change the battery. You can throw a new battery in every 6 months and be fine. I am not a fan of auto adjust personally but it is actually not bad on the rm07

Thanks!

Anyone else with feedback they’d be willing to share?

User Tag List