Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: HE508T | First impressions and initial range review, with comparison to RMR

It would be nice if manufacturers would give us estimates on battery life depending on the brightness settings used.

I read somewhere that the battery use goes up exponentially when cranked up past "halfway" but I don't know where I read that. It would be good to know.

Noisefighters,

Any updates on your 508T, I have a 507C V2, that I am trying out?

Follow up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Noisefighters,

Any updates on your 508T, I have a 507C V2, that I am trying out?
    Hi Steve M,

My 508T V1 is still going strong. I've since moved away from the circle-dot reticle and just use the dot. Having the circle was great for the transition from irons to a RDS and now I don't see as much of a need. Because of this, I recently picked up a pair of HS407C (dot only, no circle integrated) for my pistols and I think it's the best bang for the buck RDS available. If I had to recommend one RDS for IWB carry use, I'd tell people to save the money and get the 407C, and only get the 507C if they absolutely needed the circle. For duty use on a pistol or as an offset dot on a carbine, definitely go for the titanium models for the enhanced durability.

I'm looking forward to the enclosed-emitter HE509T being released, but it keeps getting pushed back. Based on features and reviews, it seems like the best RDS yet. Bummer about the delays.

Wish I had the V2 model of the 508T and 407...but it's not a big deal. I don't really mess with the brightness settings after finding one that seems to work at day and night (with a WML), so the larger buttons on the V2 would largely be wasted on me. It does look a lot better, of course, and looking good is half the battle.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...-08-29.jpg?363
    www.noisefighters.com
    Delivering the first gel-filled ear pads with relief cuts for glasses to pass through.
    No more headaches. Less noise.
    USMC combat veteran designed and made entirely in the USA.
    Direct: 616-226-3551 |Email: team@noisefighters.com
    Based in Grand Rapids, Michigan

I have a 507C on a P229 and an RMR on my MR920. Side by side the windows look identical in size to me. I'm sending a USPC9 to L&M to have an RMR mounted next week when my RMR comes in. I was on the fence between the 508t and RMR but no one has the 508t in stock and I wanted the absolute waterproofness of the RMR. I don't think I'm actually going to take it scuba diving with me but I consider it to be my ultimate end of the world gun and I want it to be as everything proof as possible.

Looking forward to using the 507C v2. This will be my first true foray into RDS. I will use this exclusively for my training/competition pistol. I have used my Gen5 17s with Leupold DPP in IDPA. If the 507C works out I will probably get rid of the Leupold and go strictly 507c, if I can find a 508 local I will pick that up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Looking forward to using the 507C v2. This will be my first true foray into RDS. I will use this exclusively for my training/competition pistol. I have used my Gen5 17s with Leupold DPP in IDPA. If the 507C works out I will probably get rid of the Leupold and go strictly 507c, if I can find a 508 local I will pick that up instead.
    Where’s local? I just left a gun shop (The Miami Armory) that has a 508. Almost walked out with it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Where’s local? I just left a gun shop (The Miami Armory) that has a 508. Almost walked out with it.
    V1 or V2?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    V1 or V2?
    I know the 507 I looked at was a v2. I think the 508 was but won’t swear to it. Let me check.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I know the 507 I looked at was a v2. I think the 508 was but won’t swear to it. Let me check.
    Think the +/- is larger on the V2?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Think the +/- is larger on the V2?
    The side battery compartment is what caught my eye on the 507c. I texted my buddy and the 508 was v1. They haven’t seen a v2 508 yet. I did not get either out of the case just took a quick look while I was waiting to ship a pistol.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List