Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    1000 is not bulk.
    It's cute and all but are you going to disparage everyone's post because of their failures to meet your definition of foresight and bulk ammo?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's cute and all but are you going to disparage everyone's post because of their failures to meet your definition of foresight and bulk ammo?
    I guess if doesn't require a pallet its not bulk?

That sucks.

It is pretty much the only source locally for ammo.

Of course now that Wa-mart is out of the business, local gun stores will probably start to carry ammo but it will likely be at a significant markup.

There is an Academy and a Gander Outdoors but it is about a 45 min drive.

Personally, I usually get my ammo online. But I would occasionally swing by and pick up a box or two of some handgun that I don't keep ammo on hand for on my way to go shooting. I would sometimes run out of ammo while shooting and run up to Wal-Mart and pick up a box or two.

I wonder what they are going to do about .22 LR or other "combo" rounds used in both handguns and rifles?

This also hurts people with less money as well. I know several people that go shooting occasionally and they would likely find it hard to afford to buy a 500 or 1,000 round purchase online much less a 5,000 round purchase. A few might not even have credit cards to make the purchase with.

Site Supporter
    Beat me to it. The constant need to inject some bullshit opinion about what others do is growing old. For some people 1000 rounds is bulk, a sub-$500 watch is a purchase worth putting some thought into, and January 1st is a fine fucking day to start exercising and eating better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post

This also hurts people with less money as well. I know several people that go shooting occasionally and they would likely find it hard to afford to buy a 500 or 1,000 round purchase online much less a 5,000 round purchase. A few might not even have credit cards to make the purchase with.
    This. Hopefully with other places having increased sales they can lower their prices but it's going to be hard for anyone on a local level to match Walmart's prices. I live in a pretty economically depressed area so as it is to get people in class I'm doing half day classes, keeping round counts low, offering discounts to people on fixed incomes, giving out free spots, etc. For some people just buying a couple hundred rounds to practice every few months is a big purchase and this is going to hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Of course people that know you worry about you for other reasons.
    Very true. They know me too well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point is no discount will be found at low volumes, beyond that fewer items costs less than more of identically priced items.

His 7.99/50 Walmart only super ultra deal is 15.9 cents per round. His next best deal of 169/1000 is 16.9 cents per Round.

We’re wringing hands over 50 cents....

Beyond that how did Wal-Mart afford to sell it so cheap ? They bought a shit load of it....like in bulk.
    Last edited by Duke; 09-03-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    January 1st is a fine fucking day to start exercising and eating better.
    It is. If that’s today’s date. if that’s some day in the future then it’s just more “one day” generic talk.

Site Supporter
    When you get the largest retailer, who happens to be based in Arkansas, and has resisted using their private business rights to curtail local gun laws, finally caving in to the "do something" crowd, you need to pause and realize the body blow your cause just took.

Forget the $$. Forget the inconveniences, for just a minute. This is a huge win for the other side. And a slippery slope, I'll bet.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Methinks Wal-Mart should worry about their stores being major magnets for criminal activities versus selling ammo that is mostly used for perfectly legal/non-malicious ends.

Yay for virtue signaling, now what about that guy who’s carting 3 60” 4K HDTVs our your front door and pulling a knife on your personnel for trying to stop him? Miss me with that bullshit.

And yeah some of us bought ammo from them because shelling out for 1k+ rounds wasn’t financially feasible and I could get the same ammo for 1-2 dollars less than the LGS. We tend to forget the vast majority of firearms owners aren’t like the majority here in their dedication to practice and willingness to run the credit card for bulk ammo purchases.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List