Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

Hornady CEO noted that they haven't allowed Hornady ammo to be sold through Wal-Mart for a dozen years now, because it was clear to them that Wal-Mart was anti-2A.

Fuck Wal-Mart.

I think I'll go buy some more Hornady.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    So, does this mean the new red Federal 550 round boxes will be gone as well?
    That is a really good question because rimfire ammo is, as we all know, used in pistols and rifles. And the 550-round red box is a Wal-Mart exclusive.

Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    That is a really good question because rimfire ammo is, as we all know, used in pistols and rifles. And the 550-round red box is a Wal-Mart exclusive.
    Well, who knows. I wouldn’t be surprised that if it’s just handgun ammo that they’re looking to not sell anymore, that unless it’s ammunition that’s really only made for rifles that, that’s probably all they are going to keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by corneileous; 09-04-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Well, who knows. I wouldn’t be surprised that if it’s just handgun ammo that they’re looking though not sell anymore, that unless it’s ammunition that really is only made for rifles that, that’s probably all they are going to keep.

Frankly I don't see why a store manager would keep any ammunition. Whats left? A few boxes of .30-06 and .243? What about the other shooting gear in the store? I imagine that might go away too.

Thanks for the late breaking news there, Tom Brokaw but uh, this still goes back to what I said before: if that’s the best you can do at interjecting, then I would think the wise thing to do would be to just stay out of it if you can’t bring anything useful and relevant to the sub-discussion between those two people. You know.... kinda like the whole saying where it says, and I quote, “if you can’t say nothing nice, then don’t say nothing at all”....[emoji41]

I will give your comments all the consideration they so richly deserve.

Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Frankly I don't see why a store manager would keep any ammunition. Whats left? A few boxes of .30-06 and .243? What about the other shooting gear in the store? I imagine that might go away too.
    Exactly. It’s like they might as well just not even sell any ammunition at all.

But yeah, I’m sure the time is coming where all those gun cleaners, and holsters, targets, bags, safes, camo gear... will start to offend the liberals as well.

Last edited by corneileous; 09-04-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Exactly. It’s like they might as well just not even sell any ammunition at all.

But yeah, I’m sure the time is coming where all those gun cleaners, and holsters, targets, bags, safes, camo gear... will start to offend the liberals as well.

Thats irrelevant to them. What is relevant is $ per shelf space and product churn.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Actually, out of morbid curiosity, I went to our local Crap-mart yesterday just to see what they had.

Of course, I had to navigate around the two guys there talking about "wantin to get one o dem 7.62X39 AK-10s" (Seriously, that is what I overheard) getting some keys made and the morbidly obese guy in the Handi-cart trying to tip it over leaning to get something off the bottom shelf that he should have been getting off his fat ass to get.

When they do get rid of that ammo, there will be less than a single shelf of ammo left. The gun rack had several piles of handgun ammo stacked around the stocks of the 6 or so black powder rifles, the next 4 shelves had a mix of all the basic handgun ammo (including several boxes of .357 Sig of all things) and a whole half shelf of nothing but value packaged 5.56.

About half of a shelf on the bottom right had .243, 30-30, 30-06 and 270 and that was pretty much it.

The only thing that was even remotely sold out was the dove load shelf over beside the gun rack. Probably since dove season started on Sunday.

Site Supporter
    It’s funny you say that, because all I see is one little ant that just took off in one direction and then all the sudden all the rest of the ants behind him just started following right along.

One might even say it was a...uh...coterie of ants?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Like the point I've made in another thread recently. Firearms and ammunition have low profit margins. It made sense when Wal-Mart was still a backwater entity that sold everything, besides groceries, to sell guns and ammunition.

Now, with rivals like Academy in retail centers and Amazon online, it doesn't make much sense for Wal-Mart to continue running a "loss-leader" section. Anything you can buy at Wal-Mart you can buy on Amazon, except the actual ammunition. And that you can buy cheaper online. At this point for the few percentage points of profit that Wal-Mart could earn on sporting goods, can be gained back and grown, by trading that whole section out for something else (more clothes or shoes, most likely). Eliminating the employees, book/record keeping, and winning some social virtue - is all win-win-win for them.

Wal-Mart is the perfect manifestation of sellouts, so I'm not surprised in the least.

User Tag List