Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Kinda pisses me off that this a-hole is hammering the standard gun-banner mantra that there is currently nothing restricting violent criminals' access to firearms.
    I think the biggest mistake the pro Second Amendment side makes is believing that any compromise is possible with the antis.

I'm sorry if this sounds like conspiracy theory insanity but they want nothing less than total civilian disarmament. Maybe not the rank-and-file maybe not the soccer moms posting on Facebook but the people behind the movement the people who are funding the movement want you disarmed.

So it doesn't matter what we compromise on or what we concede, they want all of our guns and we need to quit pretending that's not the goal. And in my opinion we need to adopt a not one inch policy.

Bass Pro needs to start selling groceries

This is entirely inconvenient for me as I live in a very rural area and they are the only store with more than groceries within 20 miles of us, except for Dollar General. I have enjoyed their grocery service as I hate shopping in the first place, but we are done and I let them know why. Their response to me closing both my online and grocery accounts today:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

Recently you requested personal assistance from Walmart.com Customer Care.
    Below is our response and a summary of your request.

Reference#: 190906-008774
    Response email (09/06/2019 08:26 AM)
    Hi FATDOG,

Thanks for contacting Walmart.com. My name is Kristen and I fully understand your concern regarding the guns and ammunition decision.

I have documented your comments and transfer them to proper department for them to be reviewed. We really want to know your opinion about the decision just made, since we know it will inconvenience some of our customers.

In addition, please allow me to mention that, we will continue selling long-barrel deer rifles and shot guns, as well as well as other firearms and ammunition for hunting and sports shooting.

My sincere apologies for this situation.

According to your request I have just closed your Walmart.com account. Would you please check if the Grocery is closed as well. In the event it was not closed successfully, please let me know and I will transfer your request to our Grocery Department for them to close your Grocery account.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email and we'll be happy to assist.

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Kristen L

Walmart.com Customer Care
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    Customer email (09/06/2019 08:10 AM)
    Please close my Walmart.com and Walmart grocery accounts immediately. I will not be shopping with you anymore.

My reason for this is your "virtue signaling" CEO and his decision to no longer sell ammunition. It is clear to me that you don't respect our second amendment and have become politically correct. You are telling me you don't approve of my purchases, so I will make sure I no longer purchase things in your stores of any sort.

My spending at your stores is a tiny drop in the bucket and you will never miss it, but since you have decided to become "woke" and join the political left, my spending with your company will not happen anymore. I can buy everything I need from other sources, and I will, even if I have to drive a little further and pay a little more.

FATDOG

Quote Originally Posted by Cacafuego View Post
    Now that is genius.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacafuego View Post
    They, along with Cabelas, sell you the things you need to get your own "groceries". They also sell the things you need to prepare said groceries for consumption or storage.

What else do you need? Are you one of those types that need your groceries packaged in manmade materials instead of all natural wrappers?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    They, along with Cabelas, sell you the things you need to get your own "groceries". They also sell the things you need to prepare said groceries for consumption or storage.

What else do you need? Are you one of those types that need your groceries packaged in manmade materials instead of all natural wrappers?

Chris
    Attachment 42275
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Well, there goes the only reason I ever went to Walmart to begin with.

One of those instance of such gross ignorance that triggered me to fire back a response:

First “I fully understand your concern regarding the guns and ammunition decision.”

No, the content of your response indicated you don’t fully understand anything about this matter.

“In addition, please allow me to mention that, we will continue selling long-barrel deer rifles and shot guns, as well as well as other firearms and ammunition for hunting and sports shooting.”

More evidence that you missed the point of why I am no longer doing business with your company. So let me spell it out so you can pass this information along to your PR flacks, social justice monitors, etc. etc. who most obviously don’t understand any of it, or care to.

1. I don’t care what guns you decide to sell.

2. I don’t care that you don’t want “open carry” in your stores

3. I am deeply offended by the implications of your CEO’s statement and action on stopping the sale of handgun ammunition and Kristen’s statement above. It is the essential argument of the anti-second amendment organizations and their politicians in our country for the last 30+ years. Their (and now your company’s) argument has been that gun owners who are hunters are some how acceptable (virtuous) and those who own handguns for self defense are not. The fact that this attitude and strategy to divide gun owners persists after the US Supreme Court clarified the meaning of the second amendment in McDonald Vs Chicago, and that your company has adopted it is most offensive.

4. ” as well as other firearms and ammunition for hunting and sports shooting” This statement is complete ignorance. 90% of the shooting sports activity in the United States at this point in time is done with handguns. USPSA, IDPA, SASS, etc. are all handgun centric and the common handgun cartridges like 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP that you have decided to stop selling are the primary ammunition used in competitive shooting in this country at this time. But I am sure that none of your social justice advisors know that. Apparently the senior management of Walmart knows as much about “shooting sports” as a giraffe knows about Shakespeare.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Thanks for contacting Walmart.com. My name is Kristen and I fully understand your concern regarding the guns and ammunition decision.

I have documented your comments and transfer them to proper department for them to be reviewed. We really want to know your opinion about the decision just made, since we know it will inconvenience some of our customers.

In addition, please allow me to mention that, we will continue selling long-barrel deer rifles and shot guns, as well as well as other firearms and ammunition for hunting and sports shooting.

My sincere apologies for this situation.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    One of those instance of such gross ignorance that triggered me to fire back a response:

First “I fully understand your concern regarding the guns and ammunition decision.”

No, the content of your response indicated you don’t fully understand anything about this matter.

“In addition, please allow me to mention that, we will continue selling long-barrel deer rifles and shot guns, as well as well as other firearms and ammunition for hunting and sports shooting.”

More evidence that you missed the point of why I am no longer doing business with your company. So let me spell it out so you can pass this information along to your PR flacks, social justice monitors, etc. etc. who most obviously don’t understand any of it, or care to.

1. I don’t care what guns you decide to sell.

2. I don’t care that you don’t want “open carry” in your stores

3. I am deeply offended by the implications of your CEO’s statement and action on stopping the sale of handgun ammunition and Kristen’s statement above. It is the essential argument of the anti-second amendment organizations and their politicians in our country for the last 30+ years. Their (and now your company’s) argument has been that gun owners who are hunters are some how acceptable (virtuous) and those who own handguns for self defense are not. The fact that this attitude and strategy to divide gun owners persists after the US Supreme Court clarified the meaning of the second amendment in McDonald Vs Chicago, and that your company has adopted it is most offensive.

4. ” as well as other firearms and ammunition for hunting and sports shooting” This statement is complete ignorance. 90% of the shooting sports activity in the United States at this point in time is done with handguns. USPSA, IDPA, SASS, etc. are all handgun centric and the common handgun cartridges like 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP that you have decided to stop selling are the primary ammunition used in competitive shooting in this country at this time. But I am sure that none of your social justice advisors know that. Apparently the senior management of Walmart knows as much about “shooting sports” as a giraffe knows about Shakespeare.
    You're barking at the moon, my friend. There is no way that whoever is going to read this message is paid nearly enough to either a) effect any change in Walmart's business operations or b) give a shit.

Always no ammo...

...Always
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List