Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

Banned
    I really believe that if open carriers had limited themselves to carrying handguns we wouldn't see this backlash.

I said it before I don't think it's the guy with a Kimber on his belt it's freaking people out, it's the yo-yos walking around with rifles.

I think that there were so many militant open carriers running around out there with rifles trying to provoke a response that the public perception of open carry became somebody carrying a rifle not an openly displayed handgun on their hip.

I think we're really lucky that none of these places are banning ALL guns from their premises.

I've read posts on a few other forums in which people are saying they're going to continue to open carry in these stores and MAKE an associate come tell them to leave. I really believe that if people make asses out of themselves and go out of their way to make a fuss in these stores they WILL ban ALL firearms on their premises.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy11B3V5W View Post
    I'm just a working class guy with a young family. I've got no time to sit in my basement and pump a reloading press. I'm one of the poors, so I buy my ammo 2 to 5 hundred rounds at a time.

All 4 Walmarts in my town sell 150 round boxes of Winchester 124 grain NATO for 27 dollars and 200 round boxes of Federal Champion 115 grain for 33 dollars. It's always in stock and there's always somebody there to sell it to me. I'm in and out in less than 10 minutes. Who competes with that? Nobody, not even SG ammo.

The cracks about Walmart and the people who shop there sound pretty arrogant to me. Are you guys really too good to walk in to a Walmart to buy some of life's mundane shit? Where are you getting your 9 dollar coffee pot to take to work? Or some 2 dollar laundry baskets?
    Bingo!

Wal-Mart always had the cheapest ammo. I’d buy from the LGS if they weren’t several dollars more expensive, which I surmise will get more expensive since they won’t have Wal-Mart to compete with.

As for ordering online? I get my SD ammo from SGAmmo but the shipping is fairly pricey to where it’s not financially practical to only order a few boxes.

And I sure as hell don’t have room in my current residence to have a reloading setup.

For the average (majority) of gun owners, Wal-Mart helped them be able to afford to shoot with any regularity.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    When I did the tests, I could not get a mobile Google finance page to load on my iPhone in less than thirty seconds.
    Sheesh... Okay, that sounds as bad as a 3G connection.

You might be still able to get an acceptable connection with a good highly directional antenna, but I can understand not wanting to take that gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Bingo!

Wal-Mart always had the cheapest ammo. I’d buy from the LGS if they weren’t several dollars more expensive, which I surmise will get more expensive since they won’t have Wal-Mart to compete with.

As for ordering online? I get my SD ammo from SGAmmo but the shipping is fairly pricey to where it’s not financially practical to only order a few boxes.

And I sure as hell don’t have room in my current residence to have a reloading setup.

For the average (majority) of gun owners, Wal-Mart helped them be able to afford to shoot with any regularity.
    Ordering online for one or 2 boxes is not going to be tenable unless someone comes up with the equivalent of Amazon Prime for gun owners. However, with a bit of forethought you can figure out a way to order a large enough amount to make shipping charges viable. Group order with shooting buddies/family members. Order training ammo along side defensive ammo ... that sort of thing.

The reduction in competition will hurt. Hopefully the LGS owners will not cut their own throats with price gouging as it’s really in their best long term interest to keep the sport going. They should look at the increased volume as a way to better profits vs price gouging.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Ordering online for one or 2 boxes is not going to be tenable unless someone comes up with the equivalent of Amazon Prime for gun owners.

<snip>
    TargetSportsUSA has Prime Ammo. $99/year gets free shipping and 8% off of retail. I've been a member for the past 10 months and it works as advertised.
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 09-06-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Ordering online for one or 2 boxes is not going to be tenable unless someone comes up with the equivalent of Amazon Prime for gun owners.
    Sign up for emails from every ammo and sporting goods store. When they have shipping deals, buy what you need and get it shipped free/cheap. Cabelas shipped me cases of 12ga shells for a total of $5 shipping. I couldn't believe the code actually worked, but it did.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I've read posts on a few other forums in which people are saying they're going to continue to open carry in these stores and MAKE an associate come tell them to leave.
    No, what'll possibly happen will be that the store will call the cops, point out the clearly posted "no open carry" signage and then the person carrying openly will be charged with criminal trespass.

Playing it out, those fools will represent themselves in court, claim "muh rights" and then get to spend a couple of months in the county lockup.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 09-06-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    No, what'll possibly happen will be that the store will call the cops, point out the clearly posted "no open carry" signage and then the person carrying openly will be charged with criminal trespass.

Playing it out, those fools will represent themselves in court, claim "muh rights" and then get to spend a couple of months in the county lockup.
    Depends on the state laws. In many states you have to actually be confronted and told to leave, then when you don't leave after being told you can be cited/charged. Texas being unique with their 30.06 and 30.07 signage that under law serves as your notification.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    My favorite LGS (NW GA)

Name:  Cherokee_WM.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  58.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I know a guy that represented himself that served two days for a burned out license plate light.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List