Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    When you get the largest retailer, who happens to be based in Arkansas, and has resisted using their private business rights to curtail local gun laws, finally caving in to the "do something" crowd, you need to pause and realize the body blow your cause just took.

Forget the $$. Forget the inconveniences, for just a minute. This is a huge win for the other side. And a slippery slope, I'll bet.
    I think it is only going to get worse before it will get better, if it ever does.

There is a new "corporate social responsibility" push and whatever is currently out of favor, will be restricted by SJW CEOs. I saw an article that stated the old Milton Friedman philosophy of "mind your corporate business" is now going out of favor and instead CEOs are going to be SJW.

So expect that credit card companies will soon restrict "sporting goods purchases", FED EX/UPS stop delivering ammo/shipping guns, banks stop lending to NRA/gun companies/etc, Google/et al to filter firearm websites, insurance companies refusing to insure gun owners, and so on.

I think we are about to face an onslaught of "woke corporate activists" attempting to drive us underground.

Link to Walmart's press release page:

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...-and-Southaven

Name:  walmart-gunpolicy-new-final.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  38.3 KB

Name:  walmart-gunpolicy-opencarry-new-final.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  67.4 KB
    Last edited by KeeFus; 09-03-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Angry Bigger question is how could this have prevented the mass shooting?

Let's say Wally mart stopped selling handgun ammo last year.
    How that could have prevented El Paso shooting?
    If yes, good decision.
    If no, bu$%&&*#$&#*&*$&#*&*#.

People scream to do something and companies do something just for their sake, just to avoid backlash.
    Last edited by Mystery; 09-03-2019 at 02:53 PM.

I understood the point @Duke was making about 1000 rounds not being bulk, but I deal with bulk sales and orders on a daily basis so my mind went there first.

Prior to Southern Ohio Gun going out of business last year, they were having a sale on Wolf Military Classic 7.62x39 ammo. I called and spoke to the lady who usually answers the phone and inquired if there was a quantity I could order and get it even cheaper. She called me back and said they'd take an additional $.05 off per round if I ordered 5 cases and $.07 per round if I ordered 10 cases. A $700 savings was well worth it to me to order the 10. I have about 5000 rounds of it left and when I need to order more, I'm going to inquire with a few online distributors with the same question. I probably won't get the same discount as I'm sure SOG was trying to dump their inventory prior to them closing up shop but it never hurts to ask.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I bought stuff from Walmart because I could also get ammo there.

They can choke on everything in their stores. Someone else can help them "sell down" their handgun ammo. It won't be me.

It'd be nice if Federal, Winchester and Remington responded by saying "Fine, we won't sell anything to you."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

If there's a market, people will step up to fill it.
    If the major players won't play, someone else eventually will. The transition may be a bit rough, but it's a big enough business that someone will eventually pick up the slack.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

That was dumb on their part. How many people are going to be happy with them for doing this? Of that population, how many really likes Walmart anyway?

I would also be interested to see the planning assumptions that went into the projection of them going from 20% of US ammo sales to 6-9%. If it was just projecting the loss of those calibers from sales they are going to be disappointed. I have no intention to buy .22lr or shot shells from them (not that I spend a huge amount on those in aggregate). If I am going to weigh down the UPS man even more than normal, he is definitely get a case of .22 periodically. Now that I think about it, if even 25% of those that buy shotgun ammo from wally world stops buying ammo from them, they are going to come in well below it.

Unlike Dick's, not that many are going to do a total boycott, Walmart has too much of the market share for that. But I am guessing they are going to lose a lot of money from their outdoors section.

Fascinating, its like a giant, private sector subsidy to Local Gun Stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    If there's a market, people will step up to fill it.
    If the major players won't play, someone else eventually will. The transition may be a bit rough, but it's a big enough business that someone will eventually pick up the slack.
    This is absolutely 100% true. However, there is a caveat. There are major efforts underway to try to ban "online" ammo sales nationwide. Couple that with cities that refuse to allow "gun stores" within their city limits, and the loss of a mega-corporation on our side hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    This is absolutely 100% true. However, there is a caveat. There are major efforts underway to try to ban "online" ammo sales nationwide. Couple that with cities that refuse to allow "gun stores" within their city limits, and the loss of a mega-corporation on our side hurts.
    Two different problems.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    This.

Like it or not Wal-Mart was a pretty significant contributor to keeping firearms socially acceptable. Once we really lose the big corporations and the desired reduction of gun violence isn’t achieved, you can bet they’ll keep chipping away and the local gun store/range is the next prime target to outlaw via ordinances.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List