Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

The “food” that Walmart sells kills exponentially more people than handgun ammo ever will. I support their right to do business however they want. And I’ll reserve my right to think they’re the retail equivalent of a trough urinal.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    The “food” that Walmart sells kills exponentially more people than handgun ammo ever will. I support their right to do business however they want. And I’ll reserve my right to think they’re the retail equivalent of a trough urinal.
    Ban Ding-Dongs, for the sake of the children......
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Thread is back on track, K thx bye.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    You're gonna need to provide some actual evidence to back up that statement. At least around here (and other regions we've visited), Walmart carries the same foodstuffs as virtually every other grocery store. In many cases, WM has a greater variety *and* a lower price on the items carried in other stores. It's why we do the bulk of our grocery shopping there.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    You're gonna need to provide some actual evidence to back up that statement. At least around here (and other regions we've visited), Walmart carries the same foodstuffs as virtually every other grocery store. In many cases, WM has a greater variety *and* a lower price on the items carried in other stores. It's why we do the bulk of our grocery shopping there.

Chris
    Heart disease and cancer kill, what, a million people in this country each year? Can we agree that this is due, in large measure, to diet? Highly processed, high-sugar foods in particular. Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like this is generally accepted science at this point. And this is to say nothing of tobacco and alcohol, which Walmart also sells around the country. Are other grocery stores selling the same? Yes but last I checked my local grocery store wasn’t virtue-signaling about gun violence.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I have not found a cheaper place for motor oil than Walmart. And now they sell 6 qt Havoline Pro DS ($19 full synthetic) boxes online with free in-store pickup. That means a visit to this big orange tower that automatically coughs up my box. Perfect for my F150. Six quarts in a wine box type thing!

I don't buy much ammo since I shoot 147gr 9mm, although they had a decent price for Win Train last year.

Don't forget 50cal ammo cans are cheap in the stores. Much cheaper than the surplus stuff online.

Locally it's the cheapest place for 9mm ammo and it does suck to lose that option.
    Amazon synthetic is very highly rated and is the same as the Walmart stuff.
    #RESIST

As I posted over on lightfighter when I heard about this my biggest concern is that historically for the past decade Walmart has purchased three to four months worth of the total civilian domestic ammo production every year for distribution through their stores. Most of that has been pistol ammo and " assault rifle" ammo. Ammo sales are flat. There is little profit margin in it and Walmart has used ammo as a loss leader to get customers in the door for a while now, look at how convenient for you it is..... The same way they did music CD's in the ninety's and early 2000's... Them discontinuing ammo sales was a dispassionate business decision that they worked the numbers out on and said..... "Fuck it. We're not gonna lose much if any money, most customers will keep coming back and numbers wise ammo sales are way down"....The ability for the CEO's to virtue signal is just a added bonus.....

Going back to the domestic ammo manufacturers though. That yearly contract that they could count on every year going away.... that's gonna leave a big ol red mark on some spreadsheets.....and I predict it will dramatically affect ammo availability and production numbers/ pricing in the coming years.... As production rates are shrunk down or lines go idle....
    Last edited by rcbusmc24; 09-05-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Site Supporter
    Heart disease and cancer kill, what, a million people in this country each year? Can we agree that this is due, in large measure, to diet? Highly processed, high-sugar foods in particular. Maybe I’m wrong but I feel like this is generally accepted science at this point. And this is to say nothing of tobacco and alcohol, which Walmart also sells around the country. Are other grocery stores selling the same? Yes but last I checked my local grocery store wasn’t virtue-signaling about gun violence.
    But treating cancer is big business in this country. What would the big drug companies treat if cancer went away?

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Can't even discuss a major news item like this with out it turning into pages of:

Walmart virtue signaling
    Open Carry vs Conceal carry
    Look at me I buy 10,000 rds at a time
    Look at me I reload all fucking day

This thread is a really good illustration of why the RKBA is gonna hit the toilet in the not too distant future.
    ha ha lol good stuff

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Amazon synthetic is very highly rated and is the same as the Walmart stuff.
    I think that's made by Warren under the Dexos license, like Supertech in some regions.
    Hokey religions and ancient lubricants are no match for a good Group IV PAO

Owner 360 Performance Shooting

User Tag List