Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/walm...shootings.html

Walmart is discontinuing sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, discontinuing sales of handgun ammunition and discontinuing handgun sales entirely in Alaska.

It’s also asking shoppers to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where “open carry” is allowed, unless authorized law enforcement officers are present.

CEO Doug McMillon announces the changes following two deadly shootings at Walmart stores over the summer.
    Walmart said Tuesday it will discontinue all sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition that can be used with military style weapons, discontinue sales of handgun ammunition and stop all handgun sales in Alaska, following two “horrific” shootings at Walmart stores this summer.

The biggest retailer in the world is also asking customers at Walmart and Sam’s Club to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where “open carry” is allowed, unless authorized law enforcement officers are present.

Walmart said it won’t be changing its policy for customers who have permits for concealed carry. And it will be adding signage to stores in the coming weeks to communicate the changes.

Thumbs up this is bull

That was the only option for cheap ammo.
    Now have to buy all online.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    That was the only option for cheap ammo.
    Uh no. It wasn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Uh no. It wasn’t
    It was for those of use in states where you can't buy online.

I’m not trying to be rude.....

But assuming Wal-Mart would be a lifelong partner in your ammo procurement may have lacked forward thinking.
    Last edited by Duke; 09-03-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Site Supporter
    One more indicator of decreasing social acceptance of firearms. We can expect more of same.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    It was for those of use in states where you can't buy online.
    sgammo
    Sportsmansguide
    And several other places I can't remember off the top of my head.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    One more indicator of decreasing social acceptance of firearms. We can expect more of same.
    I’m leaving to hop a plane for Hawaii on Sunday and I’m bringing two books with me. Brian Enos’ Practical Shooting: Beyond Fundametals and a Steve Anderson book. My wife was concerned that I may spook the other passengers with my reading material.

In 2019, being a middle-class straight white male who is also a Christian and shows an interest in firearms, other people now worry about how the general public perceives me. This is the America we live in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    sgammo
    Sportsmansguide
    And several other places I can't remember off the top of my head.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    sgammo has restrictions on where or how it will ship, so not a solution for our brethren in, say, CA and some other locales...

Restrictions:

Attention CA customers : Sorry, as of 03/16/18 we no longer accept sales of ammunition to anyone in California, no exceptions. Magazines under 10 rounds and other non-ammo items are available to all Californians. Orders for high capacity magazine (Mags holding over 10 rounds) are not accepted currently, pending the outcome of the stay of enforcement of 'Duncan v. Becerra'

Attention CT customers : Please upload a picture of your required documentation in checkout. Acceptable documentation is an FFL dealer’s license by itself (not including type 03 C&R licenses), or a valid CT permit to carry a pistol or revolver, or a valid CT long gun eligibility certificate.

Attention NY customers : In New York State we ship ammunition orders only to FFL dealers. Please upload a picture of your required documentation in checkout. Acceptable documentation is an FFL dealer’s license with an address that matches the ship-to address for the order. The shipping address must match the FFL or we will not ship the order.

No Shipments to the state of Massachusetts or the cities of Washington D.C. or Chicago, IL. All other IL residents must provide an image of their FOID card and a copy of a second state issued ID when they place an order. There is a section in the checkout form to upload an image file of the FOID card which is required. If you have difficulties uploading the FOID please contact us through the 'contact us' section of the website.

We cannot ship to Alaska or Hawaii as transportation of ammunition by Air is prohibited by law in 49CFR. If you are a resident of one of these areas please do not attempt to purchase. Our system charges credit cards when the order is placed and if you make a purchase and are from an area listed above your order will be canceled and refund will be less up to 10% fee to cover the lost costs from the attempted transaction.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Haven't shopped at a Wal-Mart in over a decade. Between their business practices and this I'll certainly never go back and in fact I'll start encouraging others to shop else where.
    Last edited by Mike C; 09-03-2019 at 01:15 PM.

User Tag List