Thread: Back-strap Covering Boot Grip

Site Supporter

Back-strap Covering Boot Grip

My 642 is do to be released from the gun smith Friday and I've been looking everywhere for a set of "boot grips" that cover the back strap. All of the grips/stalks I've found or seen that fill in enough to properly position my hand are too bloody long. They double the overall size of the gun. I may not be looking in the right places or at the right makers so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Taurus 85 grips.

Chris

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=60020

You could also modify most any wood or polymer combat grip by chopping it to length.
    Last edited by Hizzie; 09-03-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Apparently there is no such thing available and you have to modify something else or alter an off brand. Curious gap in available products.

And where does one find the Taurus grip? I went to their web site and couldn't find it...but then I'm something of a Luddite.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Apparently there is no such thing available and you have to modify something else or alter an off brand. Curious gap in available products.

And where does one find the Taurus grip? I went to their web site and couldn't find it...but then I'm something of a Luddite.

Dave
    https://www.shoptaurus.com/revolver-...r-grip-5-20880

Price will be about $15 after shipping.

FWIW, I got mine off Ebay for $10 shipped.

Chris

A google search located this iink in a reported 8 seconds

The "Boot rubber grip" is what I believe you're looking for.

https://www.shoptaurus.com/revolver-grips

Edit.... mtnbkr beat me to it.
    Last edited by taadski; 09-04-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Site Supporter
    Crimson trace LG 405.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Crimson trace LG 405.
    I was coming to post this.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Crimson trace LG 405.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I was coming to post this.
    Yep. Actually made my 340 comfortable to shoot.

The 405's do have an interesting shape, that may not appeal to everyone. They are thin at the butt, but have somewhat hand filling palm swells that help lock your grip in. The sides are checkered, and offer some purchase without catching when pocket carried, but the real "grippyness" comes from the rubber on the front and back straps. The bit of cushion up high on the rear frame makes even +P loads seem not so bad, and also increases trigger reach ( making the grip seem longer front to back). I have heard of the rubber parts wearing out, but so far mine seems to be holding up to a fair amount of use over the last 2 years (gun is mostly a BUG, and occasional primary AIWB, shot several hundred rounds per year).

Certainly far more expensive than the Taurus grips, but worth trying if you feel like the laser is a worthwhile addition to a pocket J-frame.
    Last edited by WDR; 09-07-2019 at 03:14 PM.

User Tag List