Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: "Why the .45 ACP Failed"

Like we have said since the 1980's--treat the wound, not the weapon (or caliber)....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I did, way back when it was posted. My latest comments were in reference to post #223, which you replied to.

I'm interested in your point...I just don't know what it is.
    If you've read the thread, it's been addressed a couple of times. The slight differences in the size of the wound have not changed the success rate of prevailing in gun fights in apples to apples comparisons. See post #68.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you've read the thread, it's been addressed a couple of times. The slight differences in the size of the wound have not changed the success rate of prevailing in gun fights in apples to apples comparisons. See post #68.
    I don't believe I said it did or didn't...just that it makes a bigger hole. As to whether that matters or not, are we separating out ball ammo from modern HP's? And aren't modern designs intended to cut or tear when they pass through?

I don't believe I said it did or didn't...just that it makes a bigger hole. As to whether that matters or not, are we separating out ball ammo from modern HP's? And aren't modern designs intended to cut or tear when they pass through?
    I think the point is that they don’t necessarily make a bigger hole. He posted something here or in a similar thread about a hole in a wet sponge. In cardboard a 45 makes a bigger hole than a 9mm. In a body it’s not that simple.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    If you've actually read the entire thread and these are your questions, I think we're likely at an impasse. I'm not willing to rephrase things yet again nor am I willing to engage on further minutiae with no bearing on real world application or effectiveness.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    If you've actually read the entire thread and these are your questions, I think we're likely at an impasse. I'm not willing to rephrase things yet again nor am I willing to engage on further minutiae with no bearing on real world application or effectiveness.
    Ok fine with me

User Tag List