Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "Why the .45 ACP Failed"

All bullets can kill, all bullets can fail. I've seen deer run over 100 yards with its heart and lungs blown out by a 338 win mag, just like I've seen deer drop by 22 mag and 9mm. I'm sure the same thing can happen with humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    I've been shooting and reloading for handguns for 50 years, own about 40 of them, about half in 45acp. That's my go to caliber. The caliber hasn't failed, we just have more inexperienced shooters these days and CPL holders and everyone thinks the 9mm's all the rave. It's a fine cartridge, but nothing holds water to the 45. If you cant get it done with 6 45 cal rounds you're in real trouble.
    I assume you read the caption of the OP's first post and not any of the actual posts, right?

Site Supporter
    I've been shooting and reloading for handguns for 50 years, own about 40 of them, about half in 45acp. That's my go to caliber. The caliber hasn't failed, we just have more inexperienced shooters these days and CPL holders and everyone thinks the 9mm's all the rave. It's a fine cartridge, but nothing holds water to the 45. If you cant get it done with 6 45 cal rounds you're in real trouble.

Sometimes 6 rounds of 45 can't get it done.

I was on the tail end of a pursuit where a guy took 6 rounds of Black Talons to the chest from an officer, then drove off and continued to flee for another 10 minutes. When he finally stopped, he didn't exit the car willingly and had to be drug out by several officers. He wasn't wearing armor and he wasn't obese, and he lived to face trial.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I see you are new here so I'll help you out. PF is a bit different than most gun forums in that bullshit isn't really encouraged and not all opinions are equal. If you want to make a claim, be prepared to back it up. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't have a resume that puts you in a position to know what you're talking about, or are generally talking out your ass you should probably not post on the matter or you will probably not enjoy your time here. Nobody is impressed with how many guns you own or how long you've owned them. Both are irrelevant to the topic of conversation. I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I see you are new here so I'll help you out. PF is a bit different than most gun forums in that bullshit isn't really encouraged and not all opinions are equal. If you want to make a claim, be prepared to back it up. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't have a resume that puts you in a position to know what you're talking about, or are generally talking out your ass you should probably not post on the matter or you will probably not enjoy your time here. Nobody is impressed with how many guns you own or how long you've owned them. Both are irrelevant to the topic of conversation. I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar.

It sounds like that you need to spend some more quality time with that guitar!

I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar.
    I’ve had a ukulele for 15 years and I’ve only learned that owning a ukulele doesn’t make you as cool to chicks as owning a guitar does.

I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar.
    Bass player- chicks don't find me cool at all.

And I'm sig stealing the quote.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post

And I'm sig stealing the quote.
    He probably borrowed the premise from the Colonel.

Name:  jeff-cooper-95639.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  25.7 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Bass player- chicks don't find me cool at all.

<snip>
    Groupie Accidentally Sleeps With Bass Player

“This won’t happen again,” said Jorgensen. “If I’m going to sleep with someone, they’d better be important. I mean, I could find someone here in town as important as a bass player.”

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    Groupie Accidentally Sleeps With Bass Player

“This won’t happen again,” said Jorgensen. “If I’m going to sleep with someone, they’d better be important. I mean, I could find someone here in town as important as a bass player.”
    Funny enough, former Rolling Stones bass player Bill Wyman got a lot of success from groupies unable to get with Mick or Keith.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List