Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shootin In Your backyard? who here does it

We live on 50 acres, 90 minutes from PIT. My nearest neighbors are roughly 300 yards away. And I am fortunate to be surrounded on all sides by considerate, helpful, and “live and let live” types. That to me is the biggest consideration. I could theoretically shoot anytime I want, but it would be quite inconsiderate. So I am mindful of when and how much I shoot.

That said, I still shoot plenty. Much more than if I had to go to a public range. Public ranges scare the crap out of me, so that’s another benefit.

On any given day, it is quite common to hear gunfire echoing through the hills where we live. Visitors find it disconcerting, whereas it is music to my ears.

Maybe also worth mentioning - most of my property is a very steep hill, which makes a great natural backstop. It also makes that bit of land fairly useless for any other use. Sometimes the best land for shooting isn’t the best land for other uses.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    I could theoretically shoot anytime I want, but it would be quite inconsiderate. So I am mindful of when and how much I shoot.
    Same here, somewhat. I live on 2 acres that backs up to "the woods". Nobody cares if I sneak out back and go through a mag to function test, but more than that and some neighbors wouldn't appreciate it.

It's legal where I live. I'm on an island in the Salish Sea, better known as Puget Sound. Neighbors are complaining about gunfire all the time on Nextdoor. Dat be the ones who just moved here from the pavement. I've been here 24 years.

I don't shoot on my property these days. Too many people too close, like 500'. I belong to a private range to try to get along with my neighbors.

When I first moved here a neighbor and I used to shoot clays off my back deck with a 12ga. Not anymore.

This place is kinda weird. Burn bans in effect all summer but fireworks are still legal. Say what?
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-05-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    ...On any given day, it is quite common to hear gunfire echoing through the hills where we live. Visitors find it disconcerting, whereas it is music to my ears...
    I was looking at some property deep in farm country and could hear someone at a neighboring house doing moderate pace mag dumps of some 12rd pistol...made it more like my kinda place than less, that's for sure.

User Tag List