Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free shipping!

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

Free shipping!

Or, you get what you pay for.

My Brownells order will be here Friday. That’s 6 days from now. Amazon got me spoiled, ain’t nobody got time to wait six days for their parts.

The shipping may be free but they are no hurry getting it to you. Now I'm off to Brownells to buy a magazine.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Or, you get what you pay for.

My Brownells order will be here Friday. That’s 6 days from now. Amazon got me spoiled, ain’t nobody got time to wait six days for their parts.
    I agree Amazon has a spoiled. Twenty years ago if you ordered something you didnt get over night, you didnt get tracking. If you ordered something it just showed up. I remember ordering things that said 4-6 weeks.

The only thing worse than slow shipping is paying for it. I have found Brownells normally ships smaller stuff USPS. I find it gets to my house normally a day sooner than even the tracking states.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I agree Amazon has a spoiled. Twenty years ago if you ordered something you didnt get over night, you didnt get tracking. If you ordered something it just showed up. I remember ordering things that said 4-6 weeks.

The only thing worse than slow shipping is paying for it. I have found Brownells normally ships smaller stuff USPS. I find it gets to my house normally a day sooner than even the tracking states.
    It wasn’t that long ago that if you didn’t pay extra for tracking, you just didn’t get it.

I used to buy/sell/trade quite a bit on a sporting goods (baseball gear) forum, the common practice there was “$X shipped, add $10 for insurance and tracking”. If you declined, you took your chances. And if they declined to add insurance and tracking and it didn’t show up, you just didn’t know where it was.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I remember ordering things that said 4-6 weeks.

The only thing worse than slow shipping is paying for it.
    Name:  MSC-Logo.png
Views: 477
Size:  7.5 KB
    Name:  Fastenal-logo.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  15.1 KB

I hear a lot of older machinist say they wish Enco didn't get bought out by McMaster.

Site Supporter
    I remember ordering stuff as a kid in high school. Find the item in the catalog, fill out the PAPER order form. Get your parents to write a check or pick up a money order. Send the paper order form and payment to the vendor.

Wait:
    1 week for the order to arrive
    1+ weeks for order processing
    1 week or more for return shipping

I have to remind myself of this when I get annoyed at some vendor taking a week to get my stuff to me after I place an online order. Amazon has ruined us all.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Name:  MSC-Logo.png
Views: 477
Size:  7.5 KB
    Name:  Fastenal-logo.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  15.1 KB

I hear a lot of older machinist say they wish Enco didn't get bought out by McMaster.
    Enco was bought by MSC. I did appreciate that my Enco account was transferred to MSC and received a 30% discount off of MSC’s prices.

Compare NOT having a Prime account to Brownell's free shipping. I can speed things up a bit, by having it delivered to a commercial location (speeds up by two days, typically).

Worse yet, ordering something NOT in stock currently (waited two months for metric punches, as no one carries them locally).

You guys need to get with the times. Brownell's has their own version of Prime.

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/store/edge.aspx
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 08-17-2019 at 05:12 PM.

User Tag List