Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where y’all do private sales?

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Thank you very much! I actually just signed up to gun broker so I never tried selling anything yet, but seems more like the way to go. I figured it might be hard selling items without any feedback, like a ebay type deal.

I have a good relationship with my LGS and they have always been fair with me with trade ins, but wondered if there is a better way to sell. I have a couple gen 4 19 I'd like to sell and get a gen5 but I have finger grooves removed and undercut trigger guard done by yours truly, so I know they won't give me much for them. I was even thinking about parting them out maybe.
    I think a LGS or state-level gun trader/classifieds is a better way to go for common tactical Tupperware. I'd keep Gunbroker for rare or more specific items that people actively hunt for, like specific variants of S&W revolvers or a Roland Special Glock...….stuff that doesn't pop up everyday at the LGS where you need an educated buyer willing to pay the price, as opposed to the average low-balling mouthbreather who thinks everything is a Glock or AK.
    Last edited by TGS; 09-02-2019 at 10:18 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Thank you very much! I actually just signed up to gun broker so I never tried selling anything yet, but seems more like the way to go. I figured it might be hard selling items without any feedback, like a ebay type deal.

I have a good relationship with my LGS and they have always been fair with me with trade ins, but wondered if there is a better way to sell. I have a couple gen 4 19 I'd like to sell and get a gen5 but I have finger grooves removed and undercut trigger guard done by yours truly, so I know they won't give me much for them. I was even thinking about parting them out maybe.
    I'm in the market for a complete G4 19 slide. In fact I could use the lower internals as well. If you're looking to unload, let me know.
    Last edited by AKDoug; 09-03-2019 at 01:34 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Become a site supporter and list them here. As long as the buyer has an FFL willing to accept from a private individual or you have an FFL who's willing to ship for you (likely for a small fee) you're fine to sell guns to buyers out of your own state.

I've bought a few guns from Gunbroker and Armslist, but mostly from forums I frequent.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I've done deals in Safeway parking lots, Walmart, gas stations, Jack in the Box, back alley behind a Mexican restaurant, a state park, a beach, and others that I've forgotten. Looking back, there's a few that I would pass on now, pre-family early 20's Casual Friday was a little more gangster than 2019 late 30's Casual Friday with a 3/4 paid off mortgage, savings and retirement accounts and investment portfolio.

Site Supporter
    First, if I advertise, I say that the individual must have a Texas license to carry. No exceptions. Then I specify no text messages. Third, I choose the location which is in front of my lgs. Fourth, I disclose that the other guy present is an employee of the lgs who has agreed to assist me. Fifth, I direct the other person not to appear with several other people. One other is ok. I have at least one phone discussion with the prospective buyer. We chat. I explain that I'm old and crabby, set in my ways, and that's why I'm inflexible. I don't sell many guns this way. I forgot to add that if I know the person, and if he has children in the house, and if he says that he does not have a way to secure his weapons and says that he won't, then I will not sell this person a firearm. My gun, my choice. I know too much about children and teens to do otherwise. Note that I am not proposing legislation.

I have an LGS nearby with whom I've done business with for 30 years. Good friends with several of the employees. I do FTF sales in their parking lot during business hours. I call ahead and let someone know what I'm doing, they're good with it. If I have need of a NICS check they handle that for me and the buyer. Has worked for me over the years.

User Tag List