Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New From Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    Barrel finish wear on those pictured looks on par with normal wear on an XDS.
    Really? My P365 barrel with ~13,000 rounds only has a few localized spots with worn finish:

Name:  20190925_180251.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  39.6 KB
    Name:  20190925_180400.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  30.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Really? My P365 barrel with ~13,000 rounds only has a few localized spots with worn finish:
    That's because Sigs barrel to slide fit is so sloppy there's no contact... I keed, I keed.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The stippling on this gun is really nice. Full grip unlike every other manufacturer ho only does half, plus it has frame stippling for support thumb. Really nice feature.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    So far just about every review I've seen has had slide lock failures.
    Due to the actual part or due to hand placement interfering? I'm guessing the latter, but figured I ought to ask.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That's because Sigs barrel to slide fit is so sloppy there's no contact... I keed, I keed.
    Ha. Maybe, or maybe Sig just makes the underside of the slide softer to hide the wear from the visible parts?
    Name:  20190320_174450-1-1.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  20.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Due to the actual part or due to hand placement interfering? I'm guessing the latter, but figured I ought to ask.
    Maybe grip, or maybe a combination of grip and sensitive mechanism? At ~8:20 in this video a guy who has been shooting a P365 for a year shoots a p365 then a Hellcat with the same grip. The P365 locks back, the Hellcat does the first time but not the 2nd time:

Maybe he was fatigued, maybe a finicky magazine, who knows. This guy's ftlbs's were almost certainly from riding the release:

Last edited by 0ddl0t; 09-25-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Seriously?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050500/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1233467/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1596356/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Hellcats of the Navy was what popped to mind.....I wasn't even aware of the other shows before looking.
    But that's distinct usage. No one will confuse an F6F Hellcat airplane, or a movie, or a TV show, for a Dodge Challenger Hellcat car, or for a Guncrafter Industries Hellcat 1911.

I can name a Yo-Yo a "Coca-Cola Classic" and be just fine. It's when I make a soda and call it that, that I infringe.

In this case, though GI was inspired by the Grumman F6F Hellcat, they applied the name to handguns, so no harm/foul against Northrop. Now Springfield comes along and applies the same name to a handgun. In this case Guncrafter Industries Hellcats pre-date Springfield Armory Hellcats by more than 2-years. Even though Springfield licensed the name, standard IP/trademark practice is the first to use it. In this case, Guncrafter could well have a case against Springfield. Just because they could legally trademark a name doesn't mean much. Springfield's trademark attorney (or hell marketing department) could have discerned that Hellcat was the name of a handgun already on the market for more than 12-months, when they filed their trademark paperwork on December 31, 2018.

No “Grip Zone” = No bueno

I still say you need a mullet and flip-flops to buy an XD
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Why is capacity suddenly the new categorical imperative in carry guns? Does an average dude really need 439475 rounds packed into a tiny gun that's (probably) really hard to shoot well? Even with the sci-fi targeting system? Is accuracy/shootability even part of the conversation anymore? Why do we consider old-school micro carry guns like PPKs, P230s and Makarovs "outdated" when they shoot like freakin' lasers? Is that not more important in a CCW than capacity? Or even ballistics?

Why am I asking so many rhetorical questions? Does anyone give a rat's ass? Probably not... but here's a real Hellcat:

I’m shocked. It actually has texture in the zones where you grip the gun. I especially like the high strip of stippling on the sides.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Why do we consider old-school micro carry guns like PPKs, P230s and Makarovs "outdated" when they shoot like freakin' lasers?
    Please post a video of you shooting a PPK like a laser. I shot one last year and it suuuucked. Without the 007 tie in it'd be relegated to an episode of Forgotten Weapons.

User Tag List